Nokia Body+ (Withings) Weight to Garmin

I got a Nokia Body+ Scale for Christmas and was surprised to learn that there is no direct integration from the Withings Health App into Garmin Connect. I tried the MyFitnessPal route but was annoyed by how that changed the Calories module in Connect to Calories In/Out. I’m not using MFP to track my calories so that metric doesn’t mean anything to me…

Fortunately I found a new app called Smart Scale Sync that takes all of the weight metrics from Withings and passes them directly to Connect. It’s a paid app but it’s not expensive and the cost is worth it to me to make this process easy and to get all of my data in one place. C

If you have a Nokia scale you should definitely check it out:

4 Likes

Thanks for mentioning this! We’re always recommending the Nokia Body+ scale to users and I’m sure many of them want this data in Garmin Connect. Cheers! :raised_hands:

4 Likes

Cool, this sounds good! I’ve been looking for this for my Garmin Index!

1 Like

Hi,

If you have a small server where you could run a script, here is a script which works for me: GitHub - jaroslawhartman/withings-sync: Synchronisation of Withings weight

Best regards,
Jarek

PS: An integration between Trainer Road and Withings would be a nice feature! #feature-request

4 Likes

Responding to self, but the script mentioned earlier has been enhanced to support the following synchronisations:

• Withings → Garmin Connect
  • Withings → TrainerRoad ( :clap: )
$ ./sync.py --garmin-username=<user> --garmin-password=<password> --trainerroad-user=<user> --trainerroad-password=<password>
Withings: Refresh Access Token
Withings: Get Measurements
   Measurements received
Trainerroad username set -- attempting to sync
 Last weight 80.242
 Measured 2020-01-28 04:57:10
Current TrainerRoad weight: 80.2 kg
Updating TrainerRoad weight to 80.242 kg
TrainerRoad update done!

Garmin Connect User Name: ***
Fit file uploaded to Garmin Connect

More details at GitHub - jaroslawhartman/withings-sync: Synchronisation of Withings weight

Best regards,
Jarek

4 Likes

Thanks, this was one of the only things holding me back from buying a Withings scale, might take the plunge now. You should be on commission.

1 Like

Hey thanks for sharing!

Do you know/have a guide for dummies (like me) on how to use this script?

Thanks

1 Like