New workout zone caption?

Any idea what “Threshold-5” indicates? Just noticed this while looking at training plans. Don’t remember seeing it before.

1 Like

Just noticed it as well. I see SweetSpot 6.6, 6.7, etc… Would like to know how to interpret those.

My bet is it’s related to the pending Feb 25th Podcast.

3 Likes

seems to be some kind of grading system, probably used for progression. If you look at the plans, as you work through them, subsequent weeks see those numbers increase.

1 Like

Just noted these as I was looking through the various plans. At first I thought it was just part of the plan I was looking at as I’d never been on that page before.

Definitely look like they “progress” through the plans.

One possibility is that they could be used for substituting alternative workouts of the appropriate type. The new text only appears in the plan overviews and not for the workouts themselves.

2 Likes

Perhaps related to this: Feature Request: Workout Progressions - #3 by IvyAudrain

It’s no longer visible on the website now (for me), so perhaps it was an accidental sneak peek at the behind-the-scenes data for some new feature.

This came up once before. I can’t remember if it was on the forum or a podcast … trying to remember … :man_shrugging:

Looks like the Richter scale for grading earthquakes!

And just like that, in the span of two tab sessions they just disappeared…

I noticed that as well this afternoon. Looks like we just happened to be looking at the plans at the right (wrong?) time.

Next weeks podcast should be a good one - assuming it’ll address what we saw. Looking forward to seeing all of the feature improvements coming.

1 Like