New TrainNow feature on Beta - Recommended Workouts

The beta version of the iOS and desktop apps have now been updated with a new TrainNow feature - recommended workouts.

This is AMAZING! After chatting with support it sounds like this is including your recent training history (ie Ramp Rate). This feature is even BETTER than AT for those of us not currently on a plan.

3 Likes

Maybe there is something new and different here, but isn’t this just the same as we have already been discussing in the prior thread?

If so, I will merge this post to that one. But if there is something really different, maybe a separate topic is appropriate?

1 Like

This came out today. As you can see in my screenshot, there is now a green “recommended” tag next to one of the three workouts.

2 Likes

I think the latest version appears to recommend a specific workout, so in the case above (and the one I saw in my app) I was recommended an endurance workout as opposed to the other categories.

4 Likes

Yes this exactly.

2 Likes

OK, so rather than the original TN giving you options in the 3 sections, this is directed specifically to one of those three (whichever it thinks is appropriate). Sounds great, and almost like a “Training Plan without a Training Plan” :wink:

3 Likes

I’m not in the AT beta and I’m not currently on a training plan so this is arguably more impactful for me.

2 Likes

Chad it might be better to merge with this one even though it is specifically has to do with TN functionality within the beta app.

Personally loving TN and this makes it even more slick.

1 Like

Just rolling into my VO2 for the night, so I set a reminder to handle this tomorrow AM. :smiley:

1 Like

This should go in one of the TN threads as it’s in the Android version too.

I’ve just updated and it looks cool. I am very, very keen to hear how it comes to the “recommendation”. For example does it factor in fatigue? I’ve just looked and it’s recommending me low intensity endurance rides, which is great and all but if it were “recommending” workouts to push my Progression then those workouts would be insufficient I would guess. I don’t have AT and my levels yet but would suspect I have reasonably high numbers on the endurance, sweet spot, and maybe threshold levels and low elsewhere.

Definitely looking forward to hearing more experiences on it :relaxed:

1 Like

From the desktop beta app:

the text to describe it seems off, but maybe its just me:
In that it seems like it should mention how people can add some extra workouts to an existing training plan. I mean the wording may not be so important but the coding behind it might me. Say I’m on a training plan and want to use train now. Should it:

1. suggest something to replace the existing workout for today?
  2. suggest a workout with the assumption you plan to also do the currently planned workout?

Seems like the suggested workout would be different depending on which of those assumptions is the right one

My assumption is that it doesn’t take anything from the current day or future plan into account. It only suggests workouts based on your Progression Levels as calculated from previous workouts.

That description still doesn’t line up for what I would expect to see in terms of “Productive” recommendations. I don’t know if the Recommended moniker shifts between the three TrainNow ride types, or if it can recommend any workout it deems the most productive for you :man_shrugging:.