New Training Plans

Seriously, though, the changes are really interesting, and I see them as a launching point for the AT modifications. I did SSBLV2 last November and bailed on it because I wasn’t ready for that kind of work. I was really disappointed in myself for a few days. I’m starting another block of it now, and with a little more training under my belt, I’m pretty sure I can make it with minimal adjustment (I am going to switch to Palisade -2 this Sat.). I look at the new SSBLV plans and I know I could have finished that version of the plan, which would have given my confidence a boost. I imagine that AT will serve up the plans pretty much as they are there for new riders, but things might look more like the old SSB plans with more experience.

1 Like

"We are here today to commemorate the lives of our friends Leconte and Mary Austin.

Many a cyclist knew, and well, frankly, hated these workouts.

But they will be, uh, missed.

Definitely missed"

58 Likes

Hopefully that means AT rolls out soon!

I’m a little worried the Mid volume won’t provide enough stress but we’ll see.

2 Likes

maybe the “old” MV plans will be the new MV+ plans?

2 Likes

I found Baxter! :tada:

5 Likes

Similar concern. LVSSB2 and LVSPB were always hard but good for me…these look too easy?

3 Likes

Traditional base has dramatically changed too

4 Likes

Oh wow. This is huge. But why hasn’t my calendar updated?? They definitely should accompany this change with some sort of announcement. I can’t wait to try some new workouts and a slightly different structure.

Hey all,

We experienced an Azure outage at the same time that we pushed new updates and it caused a bunch of issues with what you are now seeing as the new plans.

Sorry for the confusion and we’ll update you once the dust has cleared.

27 Likes

I’ve no idea what this means.

4 Likes

Problem with the cloud. Microsoft had some server problems today, which affected some of the stuff at TR (at my job, too). Anyway, the new plans we’re discussing might not be the new plans.

9 Likes

This!!

Sound logic.

4 Likes

AT is becoming self aware. The singularity! OH GOD THE SINGULARITY!!

13 Likes

That’s a great change. The previous plan just had the same ride multiple times per week.

2 Likes

You’ll know when that’s happened because all plans will be Disaster and Rockhouse in varying proportions.

6 Likes

Remember, this is all tied to the AT model, and your progression is not limited by the new “easier” plans. They might have just as easily left the “harder” plans in place and let AT knock it down (like I experienced from having the hard plan and AT seeing my lower Progression Levels.

So, no matter the starting plan, it is likely to change for each and every one of us, maybe right away, depending on your PL.

Funny to see this response though… after the “TR is just too HARD” that we saw for the last few weeks and longer. :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit to add… which YT coach will be the first to pick on the new easy plans and say TR is not doing enough to make riders fast? :wink:

39 Likes

What if I want the new workouts to my plan, instead of the previous ones?

Delete your plan and add it from the updated ones.

Sadly, there’s no "simple’ way to get it without starting over (assuming you are not on the AT beta… because I think mine did it automatically).

I need to get to a PC and side check, but my AT made LOTS of workout swaps for my entire Build that starts today.

5 Likes

This is not entirely true- if you’re on a Plan Builder plan, you’ll be able to automatically update your plan to the new version. We’ll have a forum post/ blog post/ education in-app once this is all officially public and free of cloud-problems :wink:

15 Likes

I believe that clicking on a block and using the “Update” button refreshes the plan:

2 Likes