Not a big deal…but after listening week after week, I feel like Im having withdrawal symptoms. Did I miss an update that the podcast is on break? Everyone ok?
Love what you all do!
Not a big deal…but after listening week after week, I feel like Im having withdrawal symptoms. Did I miss an update that the podcast is on break? Everyone ok?
Love what you all do!
Hopefully taking a break until they can get Nate and/or Chad back on. Jonathan just going through a bunch of numbers isn’t very good listening, better to just put that stuff in a blog.
Cue Point Break, Bells Beach scene “He’s not coming back”
The recent trend of reviewing data is interesting if you’re watching but often times difficult to follow or lacking in context if you’re just listening. If the trend is going to continue with the heavy reliance on visual graphs and analysis, i’d ask that you bring the time down to 20ish minutes and put more energy into production to help tell the story of the data more effectively. Conversation among friends where a majority of it is just banter and personal stories is much better for audio only.
If you’re struggling to find guests, tap your employees - i’m sure some random average cyclist from your dev team (no offense devs) would make for interesting conversation. Bring one of your ML guys on to talk about how LLM and ai is changing their day to day.
A consistent co-host would be great. Tough for Jonathan to carry the show by himself week after week. There have been some good ones in the past.
I’m glad they took Nate off it because he was too much of a beginner, but definitely miss Chad with all his insight. Jonathon and Chad together were great. Jonathon as a solo hosts spends far too much time talking about himself.
It’s coming! Took the week off last week, and this week’s was recorded but Riverside lost the recording ![]()
Working on a solo episode as we speak that looks into cool data and research on 2 vs. 3 days of intensity per week!
Thanks, Jonathan! Look forward to it! Hopefully they find the lost recording and you can take another week off!
Hehe, nah; no weeks off right now! We’re so busy working on cool stuff ![]()
Although I also miss the OG days of Nate, Jon, and Chad or Amber chatting, I also really dig “Jonathan just going through a bunch of numbers.” Some of those stats from their huge data set are really interesting. I’d like to see them published on the blog as well, so we can peruse them ourselves.
Great points and I totally agree that the data deep dives don’t make for listening.
Is there something to (11) 1.5-2 hours of intense workouts per mesocycle? You get 48 hours of recovery per workout. 4 - 3 - 4 - deload week. No endurance riding. What are your thoughts?