New Feature - TrainNow

I’m enjoying TrainNow, not feeling super motivated for structured training at the moment for my December race and this does the job. Until I get that spark back, picking one of the options depending on my mood is much better than a random pick from All. Think @Nate_Pearson mentioned in the podcast about people just picking hard sets earlier in the alphabet, failing and getting demotivated - that was my experience before.

1 Like

Thanks I will give it a try.

How come on TrainNow I just get the three Endurance, Climbing and attacking workouts showing? I don’t get any recommendation at all… That’s on the PC app as well as my Android app.

Am I missing something? Would love this feature but not sure how I can get it. The app has neem updated on the PC and the same is still showing.

2 Likes

Thanks for asking this question. This is exactly the same for me on PC and iOS. Perhaps the feature is not rolled out to everyone yet?

I don’t see it either… so I guess it’s only rolled out to a sub group… There was this post a few days ago (which referred to the “Recommended” feature IIRC…

1 Like

It’s in Beta. If you are signed up/have the Beta turned on you’ll get it on the update.

5 Likes

thanks for the tip!

Good question on why different recommendations. I wonder if AT is responding differently in the context of a plan with goals, where TN iappears to be based solely on work recently done?

NAILED IT! :sunglasses:

1 Like

But only TR workout work recently done.

Actually, some current updates mean TrainNow looks at all your riding when considering what type of workouts to recommend- not only TrainerRoad structured workouts.

4 Likes
  • Can’t wait to hear more about this new development :smiley:
3 Likes

Excellent to hear thanks. Outdoor unstructured rides too?

Yup, but remember that as Ivy said, TrainNow does not consider a goal or long-term periodization the way a training plan does. So it’s better at what it does (recommend individual workouts on the fly), but it’s not better than a training plan for long-term structure. :wink: We’ll share more on it soon when some updates roll out to all athletes.

5 Likes

Great stuff Sean thanks.

1 Like

Yes but if you have a good idea of structure already it is a double win. Glad something was said about it taking other rides into account now. @IvyAudrain

1 Like

Little trick I found yesterday: open TR, workouts, TrainNow, pick a suggestion, and modify it to set it in the calendar for tomorrow or the day after. Now I can go to bed knowing what’s in store for tomorrow morning.

1 Like

Supposedly it updates overnight so the suggestion is different tomorrow.

1 Like

is = may be

2 Likes

Hahaha Chad. Love it

1 Like