New Feature - TrainNow

I am getting different recommendations this morning on different devices. I would think both should be the same?

iPhone = endurance and iPad = climbing

:rofl: Better do both.

3 Likes

all i have done on trainerroad for the last two weeks are endurance rides my harder rides have all been outside and since the new train update the only recommendation i have gotten is endurance rides.

1 Like

Just because it is a recommendation does not mean you have to do it. I usually do but I try to get in 3 endurance, 2 sweet spot and 1 vo2 a week and at times it wants me to another endurance instead. Been loving the TN though.

1 Like

Just curious to why there seem to be no sweet spot workouts in Trainnow? On my base phase so it would be nice to have them recommended instead of the endurance.

1 Like

The climbing workouts are a mix of sweet spot and threshold (including over unders). You might just need to shuffle a few times for it to throw up a sweet spot session.

1 Like

Pretty interesting to watch TN in action. I finished week 6 of general build - low volume today (inserted a rest week earlier per the @mcneese.chad protocol). The prior two weeks I ended up only doing two vs three workouts, but wanted to keep on track.

After Tuesday’s VO2 max workout I had Kaiser +2 in the plan for another VO2 max workout. TN recommended a climbing workout instead, so using TN I decide on Blackcap, which I did Thursday with work intervals consistently and significantly higher that planned (I’m thinking my FTP is higher than set a few weeks back).

When I looked at TN Friday it recommended an endurance workout to sub in for the last VO2 max in the block. I decided to do take another day of rest and ride the endurance workout Saturday.

Saturday morning came, and when I logged into TR to set my ride to outside, lo and behold TN had changed to an attacking workout – Grassy Ridge -2. So I did that one.

Also noted that TN seems to do an overnight process, and while I looked at it several times Fri while trying to decide on whether to do the schedule workour or a TN recommendation it always stayed on endurance. Then the next morning, it’s attacking.

How facinating that it took into account a day off and change to a more challenging workout.

3 Likes

That’s a cool observation/experience. I’m still yet to be “Recommended” anything other than Endurance (and almost always Mokelume).

I still enjoy checking the TN options and have favourited a few different workouts I’d never seen, but want to add at some point.

I also have had only Endurance rides “Recommended” since this new feature was launched.
I even did Phoenix -3 one day to try and satisfy it’s demands, but no it wanted me to do more Endurance.

Honestly, I would have taken the eagerly awaited publishing of Workout Levels and Achievable\Progressive\Breakthrough indication any day ahead of “Recommended”

2 Likes

Same here. Endurance rides only in the recommendations. Curiosity has the best of me, so I’ve been following the recommendations since Wednesday to see when/if it changes. I’ve been sticking with the same durations from my plan. 4 rides in, no change. One exception, I did a 3 hour endurance ride for my Sunday ride as TN doesn’t have anything over 2.5 hrs. I’m on a mid-volume plan, so Monday off, and we will see how next week goes.

I have to admire your commitment to the TN cause :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

2 Likes

Im wondering. My last 3 Workouts were recommended as endurance. I did all 3 of them. Then i had 2 Rest days. What is recommended for tommmorow: endurance!

I’ve been off since Thursday, and it gave me a “Climbing” recommendation, and the recommendation remained the same regardless of the workout duration selected.

According to Ivy, it updates daily, so your recommendation for tomorrow, won’t be available until tomorrow.

It will update after a workout, which might be why you are seeing endurance, but tomorrow might be something different.

1 Like

At the Moment, im working in my nightshift it is 1 o clock in the morning😊

Touche, maybe daily based on Reno time? Or you’re in the same spot as me. Relegated to Endurance purgatory.

TN is my Bad weather Programm at the Moment…as soon as the weather gets netter, ill ride outdoors.
I hooe, all that AT stuff is ready in autumn.
Good night!

On a general note I’m in the AT beta and TrainNow seems to be suggesting Productive workouts across the board (higher than my levels) even though the Adaptive Training is suggesting the opposite (trying to reduce my scheduled sessions significantly under my levels).

Not sure why they’re acting differently.

Just finished a 1:30 endurance workout and now see climbing for 60, 90 and 120 min workouts. Probably could do up to 90 min currently on climbing but doubtful on the 120 min

Will check tomorrow as well.

I’m enjoying TrainNow, not feeling super motivated for structured training at the moment for my December race and this does the job. Until I get that spark back, picking one of the options depending on my mood is much better than a random pick from All. Think @Nate_Pearson mentioned in the podcast about people just picking hard sets earlier in the alphabet, failing and getting demotivated - that was my experience before.

2 Likes