🎉🎉🎉 New Early Access Feature: Import and Analyze Runs in TrainerRoad! 🎉🎉🎉

Nice work. For the record - on multisport workout import: while TR now strips out the run portion of a multisport workout (correctly, subject to the “rounding errors” discussed in this thread) and posts it as a run, the entire thing (swim+bike+run) is still imported as a bike workout (with zero power before and after the bike portion).

2 Likes

Edited - Nevermind - I think I found the issue which was run watch related.

1 Like

If you use intervals.icu, it can show you the TSS estimate based off of threshold pace, off of heart rate zones, or off of running power. In my experience all 3 numbers track closely (even if not identical).

So this should be a solvable problem, in at least 3 different ways.

Amazing feature update - congrats team! It would be great to be able to input a run threshold power and calculate TSS automatically for those of us running with power (via Stryd etc).

1 Like

Just something I noticed today and not sure if it’s been mentioned, but when you add the TSS to a run it’s doesn’t add to the TSS bar chart

3 Likes

i don’t have problems so you replied to the wrong person

Just checked and I see the same thing.

We’ll be addressing this issue shortly!

The correct TSS should now be displayed on the Run Detail View to the right of the chart. This being the TSS value rather than the Intensity Estimation

10 Likes

perfect thanks

Thanks for this feature. Apologies if mentioned before but my indoor run speed feeds from my watch and the data is wrong. I presume to the extent you look at data you will end up filtering out such anomalies. I suppose it is similar to no power data for cycling. At some point I’ll buy one of those devices which fit to the treadmill to better record and transmit.

Thanks again!

Rob

I just did a 70.3 event recorded on Garmin as multisport and noticed that the swim/bike/run part isn’t correctly pulled apart by TrainerRoad.

For some reason only the run was pulled out, the bike still has the run attached.

1 Like

I noticed it’s not pulling in virtual runs (treadmill connected to Zwift running) from Strava. Is that something that could be added?

If I understand correctly, the multi-sport mode on the watches is it’s own animal. It doesn’t exactly record a swim, break, bike, break, run. It’s all one file that then has to be pulled apart after the fact by software. I’m willing to bet, the T2 is causing issues for TR. They have to write their code to ignore something, not just publish it.

I’m sure we’ll see this down the road, but for now, anything recorded in multi sport mode is going to be FUBARed.

2 Likes

I use a Garmin Edge on race day for this reason and as a back up for my watch.

There are definitely some issues with Multisport events. There would need to be some extra work to handle the swims and transitions which we do not do at the moment.

We actually pushed a fix for this on Friday. They should be pulled in now, I’ve confirmed this myself working correctly. If you have issues with this moving forward please let me know and we can dig into your use case further

1 Like

I do too but the Edge didn’t record the run (see topic :grin:).

So, uh, I guess the bug is the bike ride from the Edge doesn’t show up, even though that was uploaded to Connect too.

I can’t manually upload a FIT file into Calendar, right?

Is importing swims on the road map??

Yup, you can for bike rides at least–go to your Past Rides page on your Career page and you can import there.