New Canyon Aeroad

The problem I have with Canyons is that their stock spec is WAY too short for me…which was why I ordered the Aeroad SLX 8.0. Came spec’d with regular stem / HB and I could swap out to the length stem I needed.

In the US, there is still no option for customizing your cockpit from Canyon.

love it :slight_smile:

1 Like
1 Like

Can someone pls fix the title? :kissing_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Done.

2 Likes

Sent a question to canyons support with the question of when they would get the SL Disc Di2 Aeroads back in stock (currently entirely sold out here in Sweden) to which they replied “within a month”. I then asked if this would be the same “old” version or the new one seen in their CFR video. He obviously could not tell me but said that if I would wait a month things would sort themselves out.

Maybe Canyon are waiting for a stage win at TDF on their new bike to start their sales.

They’ve just today (1st,September) put all their bike prices up.

Gotta love the bike industry.

Unfortunately bike enthusiasts will pay it.

2 Likes

For what bikes? No change on the swedish site

Not all bikes (UK).

Maybe just the Carbon ones(?) - I’ve not exactly been tracking.
Could suggest they are simply passing on price rises in this area.

Eur prices seem to be the same. Maybe it’s a price adjustment in some currencies due to exchange rates.

2 Likes

Makes sense to me:

1 Like

Details on new Aeroad…

And what the WHAT?!?!

I WANT ONE!!!

3 Likes

The wait is finally over :sweat_smile:.

1 Like

No red option?!?!?

:-1:t2:

(Note - the color, not the components. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

3 Likes

I used to really love Canyon’s aesthetic, but lately I’ve felt closer to bored. I’m sure it’s technically well designed, but visually, it’s a bit design-by-sharpie for me. It’s looking a bit sterile.

1 Like

I am so sick of Black and matte colored bikes

And I will die on this hill

9 Likes

This one is on the German site…

4 Likes

New cockpit is probably the most interesting aspect. Adjustable height (only 15mm but better than nothing!) without needing spacers or having to cut steerer tube. And also 40mm of adjustable width as well. Guess that’s one way of addressing the previous criticism about lack of availability of different cockpit sizes! No option to change reach, but having an extendable stem would be asking for trouble I guess. As it is I’d be checking the torque on the bolts used to adjust the bar width pretty regularly and carefully…

Rest of it is pretty predictable - lighter, more aero, hidden cables, more tire clearance - and largely brings it in line with the other market leaders but with Canyon pricing. Reckon these should sell in big numbers if they can actually get enough of them in stock.

3 Likes

The new DT Swiss wheels have me intrigued: I wonder how long they will be exclusive.