My Whoosh! the new Zwift 2.0?

the funniest thing, 2 weeks ago i bought a new Colnago C64 and the only Bikes that are availabe for your Avatar in Whoosh! are Colnagos! :rofl:
So Whoosh! is made only for my new Bike! :joy:

although I swapped the Tacx Neo 2 for a Tacx Neo Bike as I donā€™t want to keep swapping the Colnago back and forth

1 Like

Got mine to run on 1050 Ti. Limited detailed and got the usual water effect jumping from spot to spot (spectator mode). Will give it a try over the weekend. Needed a older DirectX build, https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109.

2 Likes

Free and good trainer controlling app with custom workouts. Pretty good deal. If I did not have Zwift I would jump in.
If they add some non-always-ends-with-bunch-sprint, aka interesting racing courses I am in. Adios Zwift.

As someone who has ridden in Bahrain, I canā€™t imagine why one would want to virtually ride in Bahrain.

1 Like

Been there done that and am in complete agreement w/you :smile:

1 Like

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/abu-dhabi-cycling-city/index.html

Anyone have problem uploading to MyWhoosh? No ride data on Calendar?

Figured out where the local data is stored on Win 10 is %LocalAppData%\Whoosh\Content\Data\

You canā€™t upload outside rides to Whoosh, only import Trainings via TRainingPeaks, TrainerDay and so on

If a product is free, you are the product.

6 Likes

Sorry, should have made it clear, rides on the apps itself.

you mean, you saved the ride in the Whoosh App and now you want to export the fit file?
Why you want upload a file when it is recorded in Whoosh?

Again this is the ride data generate while using the application. Iā€™m not trying to use their calendar function to keep track of my activities. I use Gold Cheetah (analytics) and spreadsheet (calendar/planning) for that.

Iā€™m unable to access the ride data via the app itself or through their website. Just checking if anyone have similar experience.

I get an error message after ride end and it tries to uploads my ride data to their backend. It is saved on their end but just not accessible on the client or their website. I didnā€™t setup third party share on my first ride but they were able to sent it to me. I prefer working with the raw data not those synced to Strava and Training Peaks. A few more steps needed and Iā€™m never sure if the data is whole or use them much.

I tested a workout from my Edge, so Edge controls the trainer and Whoosh only records, after finishing I have the raw data on Garmin and I had the Whoosh on Strava and Training Peaks, but deleted both.

On the Ipad 6 mini I can see my whoosh recording but not sure if you can access the FIT file directly unless you export it to the third party providers that they offer.

Try Whoosh Support via chat, think they are available mot the time!

Australia is added:

3 Likes

Or maybe you are the product and also pay for that

Does this require a smart trainer? Or could it run on a stationary bike+power+HR+Cadence.

Their website seems to indicate the former?

Just one year contract but looks interesting

4 Likes

I installed this and did my first ride today, and Iā€™ve got to say i was quite impressed. I only heard about it when fellow Kiwi Michael Vink got his 12 month contract with UAE Team Emirates.

• I did one of the Australian routes and the graphics were very good compared to Z
  • The training plans from Kevin Poulton (Ex Z and a UAE Team Emirates coach currently) look solid
  • You can use TR to control the trainer rather than Whoosh, so i can do TR workouts with it as the distraction/entertainment
  • Integrates with Training Peaks so i can use my other training plans with it also.
  • It has itā€™s own workout creator

Iā€™ve got to say for someone who predominately uses Z for ā€œvirtual roadsā€ when completing others workouts, it is a pretty compelling proposition compared to Z.

5 Likes

Do they have a set of heat lamps for extra realism?