My journey - weight loss and lifestyle change

What an inspiration to your daughters (and probably far more folks than you can even imagine)! Thank you for the shout, but you’re the one who did it. Thank you so much for sharing this!

2 Likes

It’s the little things like this which add up. It’s also good for the mind.

I think I’ve read your post three or four times. Each time I find something that makes me smile.

Congratulations :+1:

1 Like

So much good here. For the many who are looking for sustained habit change, your process is right on-One habit at a time, find the cues that produce undesired behavior, replace with new behavior, be kind to yourself, set short and mid term goals so you can be motivated by daily progress. Keep some bigger picture motivations (healthy example for your kids) as further motivation. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Very Nice journey, thank you for sharing, it is inspiring

2 Likes

Way to go. The first step of the journey is often the hardest part, but focussing on setting a strong example for your family is an amazing way to get it done. Congratulations and good luck on the rest of your journey!

2 Likes

One thing I think is great about this story is many if not all of us can find something of ourselves in this journey. I was 212lbs 11 years ago, found biking, quit smoking and now recently was 162lbs and above 4 w/kg. Not all of that journey was on trainerroad, but the last two years on trainerroad have been the most enjoyable. The key takeaway for me that we all share is that bikes make you happy and healthy, which enables so many other things.

4 Likes

Nice work!

I have gone from 215 ftp to 315 and have lost 140 lbs from 325 to 185. Love your story and TR!

6 Likes

Wooooowww!!! Congrats!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

1 Like

You’re lying, clearly two different people.

Joking aside, that’s a bloody brilliant change. Well done. You are a perfect example for those of us who aren’t professional/semi pro athletes, amazing what you can do if you put your mind to it.

1 Like