My confidence in adaptive training took a hit

My confidence in adaptive training took a hit today after this commute to the shop to buy fruit and veg resulted in a VO2max bump :smile:

I think there’s a bug in here somewhere. Should I report to support?

Looks like it’s because it associated the ride with a workout you had planned? Try unassociating, but yeah I’d report to support.

1 Like

What fruits and veggies did you buy? Maybe that’s the connection

28 Likes

You have it associated with a 5.1 VO2 max ride. Currently AT is saying all associated workout rides as pass

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s just associated with the Workout “Chilly”. Remove the association and Robert’s your mother’s brother :ok_hand:.

3 Likes

Yep, this.

If you accidentally associated it with a workout ride ( in this case Chilly ) then it is considered an automatic pass, since they can’t analyze them properly yet.

Undo the association, and see if it goes back down? :stuck_out_tongue:

:smile::smile::smile:

Yes, it auto associated itself with the Chilly workout. But I would have thought the resulting data from that commute would have resulted in a VO2max drop

I later severed this association but my VO2max level stayed at 5.1. So when I completed the Chilly workout (well, I might add), I got a 0.0 bump :smile:

I do all my workouts “outside” as I prefer use my Garmin even though I’m inside.

I’ll write to support.

Merry Christmas all.

Yeah, unfortunately they don’t have the outdoor associations worked out to analyze them and drop the level.

You could do a recovery ride, associate it, and it’ll pass lol.

I am sure it’s on the list :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

:joy:
I guess it associated it with a VO2max workout and unless you tell it otherwise it’ll mark it as a success :+1:

Maybe a variation on this. For the last couple of weeks, when I do an outdoor workout and associate it with a planned ride, TR says the progression is the progression from the planned ride.

For example, today I rode Spruce Knob +3, which is a Sweet Spot 7.2 ride. (And rode it a couple of % above target power, so it ain’t that. :)) After the ride, AT says my PLs are SS 7.2 and Tempo 5.0.

I associate the ride with Venado (scheduled, SS 6.9) and AT says my PLs are lower (SS 6.9, Tempo 4.7). The calendar entry for Spruce Knob +3 shows the WL change from 7.2 to 6.9. (I see it change.)

This is a repeatable problem (unassociating gets me back to 7.2/5.0, associating again drops back to 6.9/4.7).

That sounds bizarre. Is it happening with other outside workouts? You can hover the mouse over the PL bars which may give an idea why they are dropping. It is maybe worth dropping TR support to see if they can figure out why completing a successful outdoors workout drops your PLs. At the moment I don’t think it even matters how well you done, its just a pass or fail according to your survey. Maybe it’s how you answered the survey (rating all out or very hard as hard or moderate may fix things) :thinking:

Again, this would be a great support ticket. Little to do as a forum used.
Hope it works out for you.

How did you go about doing this? I accidentally gave myself some Vo2 cred on an endurance ride today and can’t figure it out.

Gotchu! This will ‘disassociate’ the workout from the activity.

1 Like

Thanks!

I had to do it on the actual iphone app, for some reason that didn’t show up on the desktop (non app) version when I clicked it in my calendar. Looked exactly like you pictured but the “Mark as unplanned ride” was absent. Weird.

1 Like

W E I R D. Sorry for the confusion!

Thanks Ivy :facepunch: . I was too slow to reply. I guess that’s why they pay you the big bucks :smiley:

1 Like