Movie recommendations

Prey is awesome movie

2 Likes

Sounds like we have similar on the bike taste. Looking at your list, have you seen In Bruges?

Most of the Marvel and DC movies are good for high distraction low dialogue high intensity intervals. If you like cheesy jokes and violence, The Boys and Peacemaker fit the bill. I second the John Wick recommendation. If you like that, Nobody, with Bob Odenkirk was good.

For those Z2 rides where you can stand dialogue, there are tons of good series on HBO and Netflix in the ā€œgangsterā€ genre. Peaky Blinders, Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, Successionā€¦

I havenā€™t watched it yet, but the trailers for Bullet Train give off Tarantino/Ritchie kind of vibes.

4 Likes

Iā€™ll have to remember and check that out, I might as well get something for my licence fee :wink:

1 Like

I suggest Nobody and Driver. Donā€™t judge them based on the actors. Both pretty good ā€œactionā€ movies for the trainer.

1 Like

Thereā€™s also a six part pod on the BBC Sounds app about John Palmer (the guy who smelted all the gold in Gold).

2 Likes

Lots of ideas here :call_me_hand: Entertainment 2023

1 Like

Some excellent suggestions. Many id forgotten

The Harder They Fall might be up your alley. A little different than what you list but has some good music and was really well done overall. Another recent-ish release would be Bullet Train - that one kept me glued to the screen the whole movie

If you like Guy Ritchie movies Iā€™d recommend Man From U.N.C.L.E.

A little international espionage, some action, Elizabeth Debicki, what more could you ask for?

Yea, enjoyed bullet train, i need to do some downloading as no internet whr i trainšŸ˜¢

2nd on Bullet Train.

Also Atomic Blond, Salt, Wanted, RRR (itā€™s bonkers and great!), Pacific Rim (who doesnā€™t like big robots putting the smack down on big monsters?)

2 Likes

Continuing the John Wick theme, Iā€™d recommend anything with Jason Statham. Films like Transporter and Crank are not classics, but thereā€™s action every 5 minutes so youā€™re not going to get bored. Heā€™s also in in films like Expendables if you prefer bigger budgets.

1 Like

The first transporter was actually really really good.

2 Likes

I think a key is Watching movies youā€™ve seen as when the Vo2 pain comes it doesnā€™t matter if youā€™ve missed stuff

5 Likes

Why has no one here mentioned Mad Max Fury Road so far? It is the film to watch if you are in need of exploding cars and Tom Hardy and Charlize Theron are :fire:

4 Likes

I think I spend enough time already on all sorts of Fury Road :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Watership Down is fun for the whole family

2 Likes

Wrath of Man
Riddick series starting with Pitch Black are on Netflix at the moment

@HLaB Yep, big fan. Good when youā€™re in a threshold effort and realize its 3/4 done because of the movie scene

1 Like

Put Talladaga Nights on, a terrible match for a threshold effort. Very hard to concentrate :person_facepalming:

1 Like