Maintaining Fitness, Rest Days, Feed Zones, and More – Ask a Cycling Coach 361

Hey Battenkill riders … I’m intrigued by this race, I might put it on the calendar for 2023. I’m curious as to what is the tire of choice is for those wanting to be competitive? Do you just put road 28s on? Or do you account for the gravel sections and ride something 30mm or larger?

Why not just call the plans something that denotes the length of intervals and number of days per week?

Low Volume Road Race is what I’m doing right now. I would call this:

“210 minutes in 3 days” or “2x60min + 1x90min”

Hot take.

Begin the debate.

Basing an entire training philosophy on a table. One would want be certain that the ‘supposed’ ticks of the ‘supposed’ adaptations was 100% correct.

The problem. Some of the best physiologists on Earth believe this Coggan graph is flawed…

Did anyone see the meme Jonathon mentioned at the end that Nate posted? What was it?

Can I just say kudos for adding the 15min work out for Scotty !! I think I will be using these myself for little add on’s. My OCD will much prefer this than extending a cool down and messing with the intensity. Thanks @IvyAudrain and team :slight_smile:

1 Like

This will be my first attempt at it but from what I understand most people just run road bikes with standard tires… I am going to be running my Tarmac SL7 with tubeless 28s.

I saw it, but didn’t really understand it.

Im so stoked to see its getting used so much already! Thanks for sharing the stoke. :+1:

1 Like

It was riffing on the “news… what news?” comment in the podcast… that was deliberately sidestepping the “Wahoo buys RGT” announcement earlier in the week. I saw a single clip shared here as a meme, listing TR as the last independent trainer app or something like that. I never caught the full clip.

2 Likes

It was just the “John Travolta looking clueless in Pulp Fiction” gif.

Aaaaah, thanks, @mcneese.chad . I wasn’t tracking on that “news” at the time, so the gif had no context.

1 Like

Some people believe that the earth is flat. The presentation of an alternative view does not invalidate a science-based conclusion.