Long weekend rides with training plans?

Hey @Mike_Elder!

Oh very cool! That sounds like a fun event!

A couple of things jump to mind immediately:

1. How dialled in was your race nutrition last year? If you followed the Training Plan exactly as scheduled, it should have prepared you physiologically, for the event.
  1. If you wish to add time in saddle, I’d recommend that you set one of your scheduled Workouts to Outside, and extend the warm-up and/ or cool- down.
  • Or you may wish to use Workout Alternates to find something a little longer. Check out this article: How to use Workout Alternates.
  • Keep prioritising the scheduled Workouts in your Plan- these will prepare you physiologically for your event. If you wish to add extra volume, make sure that it doesn’t interfere with your ability to complete the Key Workouts (as these are the true secrets to getting you faster and ensuring your are prepared for the event).

C events are treated as if adding another Workout to your Calendar. Ultimately, we don’t want to change the periodisation that has been designed to ensure success in your event. As I said, if you want to add more time in the saddle, I’d recommend that you use Workout Alternates to find a longer Workout with the same intention and purpose.

Let me know if you have questions about any of this!