Long sleeve summer road suit with pockets?

Jakroo makes one called the Echelon LS. I usually wear it for crits. Custom Apparel for Cycling, Triathlon, Running and Nordic Ski -JAKROO

2 Likes

Velotec makes a long sleeved skinsuit with pockets. Bonus is that it’s one of the fastest suits out there.

1 Like

Do you need a skin suit? if you’re making this your daily driver I think it’s just be easier to find bibs and a long sleeve aero jersey. Raphia makes a long sleeve aero version that is the same material as their short sleeve aero jersey. It has pockets.

Yes daily driver

DUDE! THIS IS NOT A SKINSUIT!!

but thanks for the idea :), it’s the best option I’ve seen for a summer weight jersey, if I get tired of wrestling into the suit it’s top of my list to try :slight_smile:

https://www.rapha.cc/us/en_US/shop/mens-pro-team-long-sleeve-aero-jersey/product/LPA02LSBBK

Joe

Im a big fan of adding these sleeves to my road suit (I mean wearing them with my road suit, not actually sowing them on).

1 Like

Just a heads up that a LS skinsuit designed to be worn in high temps is likely not gonna give you much sun protection. Go look at the summer jerseys and suits that a lot of the pro teams use for the Tour…they are practically see-through.

If your primary goal is skin-protection, I don’t think these are your best options…you’ll still likely need sunscreen.

1 Like

AAAARRRRRGGGHHHH!!!

1 Like

Yeah now what about that? I have one of those “pretty much see thru” jerseys and I might get a little sun thru it on my back but I’m still pasty white. I guess I always assumed those spf fabrics were just marketing and anything…even super thin stuff…would give decent protection. What’s the real story with that?

Joe

AFAIK, if they are making SPF claims, they have to have data to back it up. I haven’t looked at any of the links in great detail to see if any claims are being made.

I know guys who have gotten sunburned through “summer” jerseys, so just wanted to give a heads up that a LS suit may not solve the issue.

Definitely let us know how it turns out!

1 Like

Everyone is trying to help but trying to find an aero long sleeve skinsuit with pockets and SPF protection is almost impossible. DeSoro sports makes some LS jerseys that are skin coolers and have good sun protection. They have fantastic customer service. You might want to reach out to them they might have some options for you, maybe even making you one.

No they are teasing in good fun :slight_smile:

I’ve already ordered this

so we’ll see what we get :slight_smile:
Joe

1 Like

Just came across this thread…not sure if you found any but no pinz and DHB both make a great one.

I ended up getting a couple and then found that the suit was the least of my problems. I’m a firm believer in the suit for tt competition and I love my nopinz but for other stuff the juice isn’t worth the squeeze for me.

Thanks though:)

Joe

How was the monton sports one that you ordered?

One size too big but otherwise pretty decent, I was thinking it’d be tiny but I’m 6’ 4" and 190#'s and it’s 1-2 sizes too big so when it says 2XL USA sizing…it’s right (I’m usually between L and XL). Can anybody use it? How about $30 shipped anywhere in the continental US?

Joe

That might fit me, I’m interested. Off to check the site for sizing.

won’t fit.

Drat!