Lifting weights during rest weeks and taper weeks

I’m 4 weeks into consistently lifting 3 days/week. Legs only. I have a gravel race this weekend. I’m thinking it’s best to cut out lifting this week but looking for confirmation. What about my on-going TR scheduled rest weeks?

I would cut it this week.

On normal recovery weeks I would treat it as a lifting recovery as well, periodization applies here too. Don’t need to totally eliminate, but back off the weight and intensity so you’re recovering, and treat it more as easier mobility work if you want to leave it in.

Yes, I would definitely cut it out this week unless it is a C-race. Ideally you would taper it just like your rides or other workouts. Reduced load, maintain some intensity - race week probably cut it out or shorter, less to failure stuff, on Tuesday or so.

I use this guide from Joe Friel. It’s designed for triathletes but I don’t see much difference for any endurance athlete. If it’s an A or B event I drop down to Freil’s strength maintenance for the week or two prior. I’m sure there more nuanced information available, but this has worked well for me over the years.