Let's see your paincave!

Just moved to a slightly bigger apartment so got a office for work and to keep the bikes + do my trainer workouts.

Focus with this room was to have good fan placement, a nice speaker, as well as having the computer or iPad in a good height when doing the training. Also nice to have the window right by the bike come winter time, to get the cool air in.

DSCF4379

28 Likes

Just got the h3. First trainer I’ve had in years.

15 Likes

I’m single, so the living room/dining room is one giant cave. Kurt Kinetic trainer and Elite quick motion rollers (plus old school rollers in the corner). Gravel bike is missing (cause I sorta broke it and it went to the hospital)

27 Likes

Awesome :sunglasses:

Definitely lets those that visit know your priorities! Looks awesome!

1 Like

Get something over that carpet ASAP. Nice setup, but protect that carpet or you will get to experience a funk that you won’t like one bit!

3 Likes

Screenshot_20200710-124603_Chrome

Until he lights that chimneyless pizza oven :rofl:

Very nice tho👌

1 Like

Is that AC floor vent on a seperate unit?

+1 respect for crotch head unit

1 Like

Took me a minute. @davidtinker why is your unit there?

I race with mine in my back pocket so I don’t look at it. Or I use my watch, turned so I can’t see it.

Some impressive set ups; mine less so

7 Likes

This makes me miss my single days - well done.

1 Like

I was getting a lot of drop outs when it was on the stem and I needed to see it. I was using a dumb trainer with PowerTap wheel and no s/w while watching stuff on my MacBook.

I got motivated and needed a pandemic project. Decided to turn my garage into a pain-cave.

Before
IMG_4302

After
IMG_4337

60 Likes

Similar story here - not riding outside due to lockdown, and then my wife bought a treadmill which triggered the motivation to build a dedicated pain cave in our garage/carport. Pretty stoked with the outcome…

56 Likes

Very nice!

1 Like

Did you do anything for A/C and/or heat?

1 Like

Not at this stage. The climate here (regional Victoria, Australia) is pretty temperate. Winters aren’t too cold, most mornings get down to 1 or 2 degrees celcius, with the odd morning down at -2 or -3 celcius, but I run pretty hot on the bike so that doesn’t faze me - just wear a flannel shirt for the warm-up but it never lasts too long.

Summers are the potential issue. It gets pretty hot here, consistent days above 35 degrees celcius, with plenty into the 40s. If it gets too hot in there I’ll look at cutting in a vent in the ceiling, but hopefully I’m spending most of my time on the road over summer rather than in the cave.

2 Likes

I put some foil backed ceiling insulation in, so I’m curious to see how that impacts the temperature in the cave. We don’t have any ceiling insulation in our house (cathedral ceilings - look amazing, not great for energy efficiency), so I’m hoping the cave is alright in comparison.

Question is, where do you hide the guitar?