Let’s see some Tri/TT rigs

Do anyone here have a a2 speed phreak…

I just discovered them and price seem reasonable for what you get…

Well, the joys of being in the tropics means sunburn is real, and as such, that the lady has already thought about getting a sleeved suit for me, so at least the ground work has been laid already. I’ll just push her to the one I like!

Probably going to miss the helmet this round. The running shoes need to be replaced again which is pretty usual, but unfortunately the roadie kicks are at the end of life and the toe box fabric is coming away from the plastic toe cap (old Shimano R241’s) and thus also need replacement. I guess this happens after about 6 years!

If I keep at the tri thing again instead of hanging up the boots again I’ll look into the woosh woosh wheels and speed lid for the next one :slight_smile:

Cool - being a TT thread I don’t think anyone here should be worried about wkg - w/cda, now that’s a bit more interesting.

1 Like

@Niall_Quiggin do you think you’ll be holding onto the original bar/stem after your upgrade? If not, I’d be tempted to buy from you. :slightly_smiling_face:

I am afraid I will be holding onto the Bars and Stem just as spares. Sorry!

1 Like

W/CdA is always relevant, but ask Roglic about the importance of W/kg in a TT…

1 Like

No worries — thought as much.

Not sure what TT’s you have in Germany, but none in the UK ending with 6km climb at 8.3% :wink:

I am just saying, that not EVERY time trial is pan flat by definition… most proper TTs I‘ve done are very flat, but there are certainly events with climbs… not necessarily as massive as planchette des belles filles… but climbs nonetheless

1 Like

That’s great you have events with proper hills, here there are plenty of rolling courses but you wouldn’t ever say you are ‘climbing’, hence my comment about worrying about your W/kg.

I must come to Germany and try these hilly courses!

I must do this TT again sometime (Freuchie Hilly TT - A bike ride in Glenrothes, Scotland ) but from memory it sure felt like I was climbing IIRC and there’s much more climbing further north although its not quite the European standard :wink:

and I need to do this whilst I’ve still the legs.

1 Like

Finally got my wheels sorted. 46km TT tomorrow, clean and ready to go… hopefully the legs are too :slight_smile:

19 Likes

I haven’t posted a pic of my bike in all this time because I’ve always felt like it was a work in progress… but on the other hand it’s at a pretty good point now, I’m just waiting for the pandemic to end.
IMG_1972

12 Likes

Is that an open mold frame?

Yes it is, often sold under BXT brand, wouldnt recommend the BXT seller on aliexpress though, had some minor issues with shipping. Haideli (Tideace) also sell it, my road frame was direct from them, and they were great to deal with

thats a nice looking bike…

Got the tri bike out of its hibernation and onto the trainer:

9 Likes

14 Likes

man I love these bikes. the paint schemes of the new disc models dont do it for me. you did a good job with the blue FLOs… hope your kit has some black and blue too! haha.

Regrettably, not really (except being mostly black). I briefly looked into getting stickers to basically palette-swap my bike to match my club kit (black and green instead of black and blue); FLO makes it easy with decal packs, but Canyon does not. :frowning_face: