Let’s see some Tri/TT rigs

New build in progress, just waiting for a few more goodies to show up.

15 Likes

…and some nice Mikkeller artwork!

1 Like

Good eye!

Shiv TT with SRAM Red 1x, OSPW and dash saddle… where have I seen that before?:sweat_smile:

Kazing.

17 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I just swapped over all the usable parts off my old rim brake Shiv TT. Cockpit will be Wattshop, and wheels are Aerocoach Titan front and Roval 321 rear. I’m also on the pre-order list for the new Revolver TroikaMax front whenever it releases.

1 Like

Do you like 3-Spoke wheels? They do test very fast, but I hate how they handle in the wind. Crazy unpredictable.

This will be my first tri-spoke wheel, haven’t ever tried one. I figure on really windy days I have a 65mm front or a 35mm front I can use, and the 100 or tri-spoke will be for the more calm days.

On another note, I ended up having to get a medium frame because there are no more larges available and rumor has it they aren’t making anymore. The only significant difference is 15mm in reach, so I can make that up with the adjustability of the Wattshop setup.

Very Nice! Brand new?

See if you can ride a Tri somewhere in advance.
The problem is, that they are non-symmetrical. So if a gush comes, you sometimes have 1 spoke in front of the axis (fork), 1,5 spokes in front in front of it or 2 spokes in front of it. Since this happens dozens of times every minute, it is impossible to anticipate, and the amount of spokes in front of the mightily determines the amount of steering moment you wil experience. If it catches you off guard you will have this moment of heart skipping a beat, where you might get out of position a little and stop pedaling for a bit.
The very few watts advantage might be offset by that alone.
I have never had that experience with a “round” wheel. My Hadron2 Ultimate 800 front wheel tests as fast as most Tri-spokes (as confirmed by wind tunnel tests) and doesn’t have the downsides.

My Speed Concept which was recently built up again after an unfortunate crash early October last year.

Color is Lamborghini Grigio Estoque with raw carbon top tube and TREK logo, with bright orange accents.

Excuse the flat rear tire and no pedals, my Assioma’s were on my road bike.

24 Likes

Finally got my new Shiv TT (#3 if you’re keeping score) together and have taken it on a couple shakedown rides. Still waiting on a couple front wheels, so the DT Swiss is temporary/my training wheel setup. Experimenting with 155mm crank arms, so the saddle and front end are ~10mm higher than my last setup, but otherwise pretty similar. Had to go with a medium instead of a large due to availability, so the frame reach is 15mm shorter (same stack), but the adjustability of the cockpit allowed me to make that up.

15 Likes

Molto bene!
Looks really awesome. What chainring size is that?
Are those Veloflex Record tires?

The chainring is a 60T Garbaruk. Full drivetrain minus the crank was just swapped over from my old bike. Tires are just an old set of Turbo Cottons I had in the parts bin. I usually run tubeless CorsaSpeeds for race day, so I’ll probably just do that, but I’m definitely interested in trying the Veloflex. Have you gotten anymore time on yours, any further thoughts?

What Rear Mech/ Cassette is that? A 60T is huge on an AXS!

It’s 11 speed etap with an 11-32.

That makes sense!

I’ve been debating on going tubeless for my TT rig but have limited experience using them. My biggest concern is everything drying out between races and having to reset everything up each time I want to race since there just aren’t that many TT’s each year. Is this a thing?

My disc is tubeless I’ve had it for nearly 4 years and drying out has never been a problem. I top up the sealant with a syringe through the valve roughly every 3 months during the season but that’s a minor job.

1 Like

Just spin it every once in a while and top it off once a quarter and you’re good. I never had any issues with it drying out.

1 Like