Lachlan Morton doing Lachlan Morton things

This guy is a legend. Riding more than the tour solo and unsupported. I would not be upset if this became a thing every year.

28 Likes

I bet he beats the peloton there

2 Likes

If disaster doesn’t strike almost guaranteed. Absolutely massive effort though.

2 Likes

He’s just eating rice the whole time I bet.

Love this guy , another planet of fitness

6 Likes

EF does a really good job on the media side, so really looking forward to Lachlan pulling this off and the documentary.

13 Likes

He’s my favorite pro to follow. If he does it, I’ll watch. He’s the good kind of crazy.

13 Likes

Super nice / humble guy as well. You see him and Alex Howes often riding together outside of Boulder in the off season.

9 Likes

If someone shot a series where they paired up Morton & Jeremiah Bishop they could pretty much just take my checkbook.

3 Likes

He does some cool stuff but I’d like to see him mixing it up in the mountains on a Tour stage.

2 Likes

They really do stand out as nice, down to earth guys

2 Likes

Does anyone know if he has permission to ride the stages at the same time as the peloton? Presumably they would need to overlap at some point.

Sometimes I like to use Lachlan Morton videos to guilt-trip myself when I’m not feeling the weekend long ride.

4 Likes

He should be able to just pop off, watch them ride by, and then jump back in. The roads aren’t closed all day (my understanding).

I have a WWLD decal on my top tube.

What Would Lachy Do - Probably ride all the way to Texas, but you just need to go like 20 more miles and you can do this :muscle::muscle:

:sunglasses:

4 Likes

Why would he be able to beat the peloton? Just less soft-peddling easy sections?

He’s not stopping. They are riding 6 hours a day, he’s riding 16ish hours per day.

6 Likes

oooh ok that makes sense

Ok, I love what he does, but why is he not riding the tour?

1 Like

Lachy is good, and has done well at smaller tours, but I don’t think he fits in with what EF needs on their roster for the tour. He’s better at ultra endurance / climbing, and EF already has some strong climbers.

TBH, it’s brilliant, as he’s made a great name for himself and gets great media exposure for himself, EF, and their sponsors. I think Lachlan on a personal level loves riding bikes more than he does the WT rat race. You get the impression with some WT riders that the bike is just a vehicle to compete on, but they aren’t necessarily bike lovers.

And don’t get me wrong, Lachy is bad fast, maybe not TDF elite fast, but incredibly fast nonetheless.

12 Likes