Jonathan and the seven-mile stare

That list was actually super helpful as someone to whom public speaking and group discussions don’t come particularly intuitively. My degree thanks you :joy:

Also pretty enlightening as to what goes on behind the scenes and the skill set required to be an effective host. I think it’s easy to see podcasts as a fairly straightforward discussion without giving much thought to the amount of work that goes into making it seem that natural.

1 Like

Here’s what I imagine goes through the other hosts’ head:

Chad: “With hope against hope, perhaps I will be able to say my piece without an interruption, or at least without folks stealing my story. Nope. I’ll just sit hear quietly and comment snarky things to my co-hosts behind the scenes.”

Nate: “Cape Epic Cape Epic Cape Epic Marginal Gains Cape Epic new software release Cape Epic SQUIRREL! Cape Epic”

Amber: “Be wowed by my smile, but know I could rip your legs off. I suspect I will be able to sneak a pun in shortly”

1 Like

Definitely noticed it. Definitely chuckled. Absolutely thought it was: Chad is on the front driving the pace. Some idea popped into Jonathan’s head that segued into reflection and future plans. This is full mental drafting mode. :smiley:

He looks very attentive to me. Who knows what I’d look like on camera for that long!

I don’t know if anybody else noticed but, Jonathan did the stare again in the recent Podcast. Only thing was, this time a little smile crept onto his face… I almost screamed! :laughing: