just wondering if there are others with a similar sentiment:
I am not using my smartphone for the TR sessions but push all the workouts as “outdoor” version to my Wahoo Bolt. I then complete them indoors on my rollers.
With the exception of longer Z2 rides most of TR workouts are absolutely identical indoors and outdoors, so all intensities, intervalls etc are the same in the app as on the Bolt.
So far I have enjoyed this setup for my indoor workouts very much, the Wahoo Bolt gives me:
- clean overview of current data, very focused
- all necessary info about the workout, upcoming sections, power levels, averages etc.
- ability to customize data shown and include more data than given in App (speed, distance etc)
- I can jump forward and back between intervals of the session, therefore am able to skip parts or repeat those. I have not found such function in the App
- no disctraction (I have always switched off inride instructions which annoyed me more than they were helpful especially at higher intensity)
- happy to put the smartphone away once a day
- the workout data is also pushed to my Wahoo App which offers very nice analysis potential too
- since the calendar in the App does not yet allow any manipulation and anyway always forwards you to the website there is no additional value by the App I am actually missing right now.
What I dont like:
- Outdoor session are not registered as “completed workouts” in your “my rides” database so no comparision possible on the workout page, just manually searching and opening the session in your calender works. that is a pity.
- the completed outdoor workouts look terrible in the Calender IMO
Now, what else? Is there something the App offers which a bikecomputer does not?