IQ2 Power Meter

I dont think he is defending the con…

A con would have been doing the indigogo and after collecting a few hundred thousands close shop and said it was not doable.
Incompetence is knowing this is VERY hard problem not knowing when its time to give up and keep everyone hopes up.

I think IQ2 power meter may have been incompetence for a long time, but at this point and they way they are still marketing, it may be turning into a scam (probably it already fully turned into a scam)

3 Likes

It the same meaning describing the same basic behavior, Confidence trick - Wikipedia.

“Synonyms include con , confidence game , confidence scheme , ripoff , scam , and stratagem” .

You can argue when it became a full blown “scam”, at inception or somewhere mid stride when you realized that they could never deliver the goods. A good point would be after the switch in design, aka the bait and switch if you proscribe it being a scam at the start given that the project was advertised as “shovel ready”. There is some wiggle room under Indiegogo by it’s nature of fund raising but after every single compact of that proposal has been jettisoned (scope and schedule) and they started to actively market and selling a vaporware as real, it’s a con (or scam if that’s more appealing).

Incompetence, no. Brim Bros they are not.

Be kind to each other bruh… no matter how things sounds… its not worth it…

Likewise. It does fit with the need to call yourself sexy and cool.

I admit that was out of line and I apologize, but I resent being attacked for having an open-mind about something I literally posted years ago. Especially something that ripped me off just as much as you. I feel like your anger needs to be placed on the people who caused the issue and not other posters.

4 Likes

:point_up:

4 Likes

Does anyone think that winning this argument gets you a pair of functional power meter pedals, by any chance?:joy:

3 Likes

They’re just hitching up the unicorns now for delivery

3 Likes

Well apparently I’m employed by IQ2 and just doing my job, thanks for all the money everyone! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

If I don’t get my unicorns, I’m coming for @SexyCoolguy

:unicorn:

4 Likes

They’ll have jet packs on, promise

1 Like

I kind of wish this thread would just disappear (like IQ2). Every time there’s a new post it just brings back the hurt.

2 Likes

The beautiful thing is the web site is still up, with a great 50 EUR reduction on prices, and FAQ gems such as:

IF I ORDER A POWER METER NOW, WHEN WILL I RECEIVE IT?
We’re currently cranking up production to meet the huge demand for our power meters. If you get in line for your Road power meter now, we expect to deliver to you mid 2021. For MTB pedals we expect mid 2021 delivery.

3 Likes

yes, I noticed that too, just for fun filled in the contact form for a more “realistic” delivery for the MTB pedals… (if you can expect something “realistic” from them :D)

Of cource no answer yet

it has been too quiet for too long, I don’t expect anything to change, they have given up, only thing uncertain is why the kept the website up… that might be a scam, but if it’s a scam they should have updated at least the delivery dates to somehing in the future, now it’s plain stupid.

Who can they trick at this point? Somebody who searches power meters and does zero research?

1 Like

You underestimate naive people

4 Likes

It’s 50€ off!!!

1 Like

This comment really resonates, any negative comment about this PM initially was attacked, even Keith W copped it when he did the video. Well… look where we are now. :confused:

1 Like

Randomly… I have a little document I keep up to date with long term orders / delivery dates in it. So I don’t lose track of things I’ve bought.

Today I’ve made the decision to remove IQ2 from it. :cry:

:crazy_face:

End of an era! lol

7 Likes

Don’t you mean “End of an Error?”

11 Likes