🎉🎉🎉 Introducing AI FTP Detection 🎉🎉🎉

See Amber’s post just above yours.

4 Likes

This is so cool. What am I going to do with my ramp test playlist?

13 Likes

Congrats to the TR team!

It’s not showing in my early access either - but I updated my FTP at the end of January, so I have some time anyway… excited to see how it all works and comes together next week!

1 Like

OMG, @trainerroad crew, you guys set the bar so high for yourselves! That was ultra fast since the mention on podcast!

5 Likes

79 Likes

So, I can just drop a test today and the system will auto detect the FTP?

Why does it have to be done with a schedule test and not just set to auto adjust (prompted) every x amount of time?

My question is because Ive been doing custom wo and have not done a ramp (or schedule one) in a very long time…

I would like to just have an option to go to my career and press…“detect my ftp” and magic!

anyways!
this is excellent!
looking forward to be disappointed by the new lower ftp, at least now I dont need to suffer through the ramp test to be disappointed!!!

5 Likes

Many thanks to all the TR crew. I’m more and more proud to be a TrainerRoad subscriber.

5 Likes

Yes, if you add a Ramp Test today (and if you haven’t updated your FTP in the last 14 days), you can use the feature right now.

We will be creating a version of this that will prompt you to update your FTP when we detect a change, but that’s a bit further out on the roadmap.

24 Likes

I am in the first part of my 5th week of SSB2LV. Did Fernow last night with the 240w FTP I earned 5 weeks ago in my Ramp Test. I have been sensing my FTP is higher lately. I ended up with tweaks to the Workout Intensity last night (102% for last half of the workout) while sensing around my 100% FTP efforts in particular.

Framing that workout and the prior week workouts where I also applied WI adjustments… I was guessing I was around 245w FTP.

• Chad: 240w FTP per test 5 weeks ago, 245w FTP guess based on recent workouts & adjustments

• TR AI FTP Detection: 247w FTP
    Color me impressed. Bravo TR!!! :clap:

40 Likes

Quick poll, how much did most of your PL’s drop?

Mine went from 7.9 to 6.4, but I’m going to have to adjust my next couple threshold workouts down a bit further until I get my legs back under me.

(Talking about Threshold PL here - FTP)

@Nate_Pearson @ambermalika I just want to make sure we’re talking about the same thing. I do see the option to enable it via the web browser. But it says you then need to install the latest version of the mobile app (ios for me).

I’m in the app store and it tells me I’m at the latest version already (1 day old). Are you aware of this and is there a plan to push it to the App store later or should it already be there now?

Thanks!

Dang. I should check the forum more often and have seen this was coming. Just did my ramp test on Monday. Now I gotta wait two weeks before I see how far off my FTP is. :woozy_face:

8 Likes

Unless you did your FTP change today, we didn’t have this info at all until hours ago, so there was no real warning about this conflict in timing.

It’s funny because for years that was my go to workout after an FTP test.

2 Likes

Beta App?

1 Like

Option not showing up through web browser - safari (Im on an iPad)

The feature should be in the apps. If you’ve enable the feature on web, you’ll see it in the apps when the Ramp Test is your next scheduled workout. It will appear as a new button on the Ramp Test on Career Page only.

3 Likes

Option not visible yet…

Ive been refreshing like a crazy person for the last 10 minutes

3 Likes

So excited about this… but it’s not showing up in Early Access for me…