๐ŸŽ‰ ๐ŸŽ‰ ๐ŸŽ‰ Introducing Adaptive Training! ๐ŸŽ‰ ๐ŸŽ‰ ๐ŸŽ‰

Nope, week one of a polarized plan

1 Like

Yeah definitely something to send to support. Since those polarized plans are still in the experimental phase, I wonder if they will be adapted at all. I would think they want to get data on the plans without adaptations for the time being, but perhaps Iโ€™m mistaken in that belief.

Iโ€™d imagine if youโ€™re doing polarised training the adaptations are likely to be very frequent due to the nature of what youโ€™re meant to be doing.
Thatโ€™s my instinctive answer anyway based on what I know about polarised sessions (but not the plans)

This is really helpful. I donโ€™t know how closely the intended progressions of the plans follow with their classified progressions - the fact that they are adjusting them indicates not as good as they like.

But the first question is on the accuracy of the classifications. At least a few are not consistent with my ranking. An example, Kaweah vs Lamarck. No question which one I would pick every time, yet they are almost exactly the same progression level.

The issue is that the power zones are perfectly defined boxes. So thinking of any individual workout as indicating a progression level is probably not realistic. One needs to have a body of work over varied in zone classifications to achieve a progression level.

Did you just pick the plan or was it something you used plan builder for? If I recall correctly adaptive training is intended to be used on plans you build using plan builder. Iโ€™m assuming plan builder isnโ€™t incorporating polarized so if youโ€™re just picking a plan to do then I donโ€™t believe AT will work

You are correct, they just emailed me back. AT only works for plan builder initiated plans and that eliminates the polarized plans

1 Like

Out of interest I thought I attempt a breakthrough session to see how I got on before my plan starts properly. Went well, hard but fully complied.

Itโ€™s good that the sessions Iโ€™ve done this week have changed my levels despite them not being from a plan.

tried to associate an unstructured but mainly z2 outside ride 3.5hrs 177tss with boarstone, which was my scheduled workout, but my endurance progression level didnโ€™t budge (supposed to be 6.2 but my ride seems more like a 7.4 workout). i have to go check but I think thatโ€™s still a bug

eventually? bro have you seen this thread even

2 Likes

More whining than level requests though (and Iโ€™m to blame for half of that!).

Iโ€™d fancy a couple more of screenshots like the ones youโ€™ve posted and Iโ€™d be fine for now. I mean at first I thought it would be days to release the levels, then weeks, and now I reckon it will be months. But thatโ€™s ok. I understand.

1 Like

Has anyone had this occur where you build you plan, accept the adaptions and it doubles up every workout? Wondering if I need to start a ticket or if there is a simple fix

Looks like a bug to me.

Ok, completed Monitor +5 (+.8) and still no progressions since 4/19. In total, my progression levels have increased SS +0.9, Threshold +1.6, and Endurance +1.1 in that timeframe with no recommended adaptations. Like I said in the original post, it may be correct in the fact that I am coming to the end of SS Base 1, but it is so different than system behavior a couple of weeks ago, when it was suggesting adaptations almost after every workout.

1 Like

Has it left existing planned workouts in there, that happened to me so I deleted the plan, then the planned workouts I already had and then started again.

From inages of progressionsโ€ฆ Why is

1. Mount Hayes 5.1, with 1:30, TSS 109, IF 0.85
    but
  2. Mount Hayes-3 5.6, with 1:30, TSS 95, IF 0.79 ?

Mount Hayes is Threshold, Mount Hayes-3 is Sweet Spot, so those are numbers within different progression levels.

3 Likes

Ah ah, thanks :slight_smile:

Darn, as others have said, I wish they would get on and publish the progression groups and levels, even without releasing AT.

2 Likes

I think youโ€™ve asked the wrong person @PhilSJones but someone has answered anyway. Good job cos Iโ€™m not sure where those sessions are from my post and I was confused :grin:

And I didnโ€™t mean to reply to you @jazir1979 :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Same! They would be so helpful to me.

1 Like