🎉 🎉 🎉 Introducing Adaptive Training! 🎉 🎉 🎉

Join the TrainerRoad Beta Program to Get the Newest Features - TrainerRoad

1 Like

Sorry if already answered, but for the post-workout RPE survey… in the scenario that we turn down the workout because it was far too difficult and made it do-able what should the grade be? Based on what we turned it down to, or based on the fact that we had to turn it down so that would put it in the “very hard/all out” category? What if we completely turn down a z5 ride to z2 making it essentially easy, is the right answer here to say it was an easy workout?

It might be nice if there was an on/off switch that lets you decide wether or not AT includes it. I understand the survey solves that problem in most cases but in some edge cases like yours, survey might be skipped?

In that case you’d get a different survey, essentially asking why you feel you weren’t able to complete the workout to the original target power. It has options like poor sleep, training fatigue, device issues, etc.

3 Likes

I hope the goal is for us to tell the app how much volume we have time for and the app can set the volume of the workouts. Add endurance to fill the unused time but mark it so it’s ready to know that workout can be skipped?

Edit - I should have read more before responding. Seems like that is the goal

Are you only planning to predict people’s ftp and leaving the other zones as percent of ftp or are you planning to measure the other zones too? Zone 2 in adaptive training
My primary interest is to have the right target wattage for endurance workouts which in guessing could have a big impact on the polarized training plans since they depend on that effort level

1 Like

So I’m wondering if the AI will penalize me for bombing the cool downs at the end.

2 Likes

I dont have the time to read through the 1366 posts so I went to TR home page and there I see a beta download and I thought everyone is in so I downloaded it. Now I have (2) TR loaded. Trying to find out if I have AT or not is not very easy. So Im looking through the 1366 posts and it seems like I dont have it. But I have a beta marked icon on my desktop? Should not be this difficult.

1 Like

You don’t have it. you have to sign up to be out in the waiting list which may take awhile. Be patient, I’m sure there will be way more threads when more people get it

1 Like

Just have to mention…

How cool is it for the CEO of a company to come on the forum regularly to answer questions, criticisms and expand on limitations/goals of the product. It’s not everywhere that happens, heck…maybe not anywhere.

42 Likes

Beta :+1:

2 Likes

It would be interesting to see if, for example, there are certain athletes where a LV plan plus 2 endurance rides a week results in higher FTP (or other relevant performance measure) than a MV plan. Maybe some masters athletes may fall in this category?

1 Like

How is that different to what Strava segments do? I don’t think I understand what you mean but I am intrigued because I’m frequent user of a limited number of routes

Isn’t that just a polarized plan?

Not necessarily. You have to look at the intensity of each of the three “hard” workouts that make up most LV plans. They can range from Anaerobic to VO2 Max (which are in POL Z3) down to SS and Threshold (that are below or at the edge of POL Z3) and sometimes regularly Tempo (POL Z2).

Following a typical POL plan will avoid the Tempo and SS, and may limit the Threshold workout too. These can get used for specificity training, but aren’t part of the stereotypes POL plan.

Doing a LV plan plus endurance rides can be POL on some cases, but also Pyramidal in other cases. It’s not cut and dry until you look at the specific plans of interest (Base vs Build vs Specialty).

4 Likes

Probably pyramidal.

2 Likes

Adaptive Training: The Right Workout. Every Time. - TrainerRoad

" Register for Updates and Priority Access to the Closed Beta" Seems pretty clear to me.

1 Like

Here’s hoping that trainerroad starts off with users across the spectrum of age, sex, fitness etc. I know many in my age group have struggled greatly with burnout on the previous programs.

My thinking is that if you took a course and a time/avg speed you could essentially covert the elevation changes into a series of intervals with power targets.

Really simplistically, my 3 hours Sunday bunch ride is a lot of sweetspot, with two long sustained threshold intervals, 2 VO2 max intervals (3-4 min), and ~6 short VO2 max intervals. There are recoveries between the climbs.

If you make the ride 3:30 it becomes a lot of endurance with a few tempo intervals.

I’mm sure this is more complex than it is to write about, but quite easy to imagine taking a FIT file and breaking the ride down to intervals with power targets. You could then compare your performance against prior rides… If your activity includes 4 x 4min at VO2Max then AT could give you credit for that progression level…

Obviously thinking on the fly :smiley:

:joy::joy::joy: apologies for the confusion- and yes being funny about three quarters of a percent difference between two power meters would be pretty anal :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

3 Likes