Inserting "Extra" Recovery week?

I think I know what I am going to do here but throw out it out to the group for discussion - thoughts on putting an extra recovery week in at the end of SSB2 MV? I’m considering doing a recovery week for week 5, then doing the week 5 workouts followed by another recovery week before starting build.

Background - I’m soon to be 58 and this is my 4th season of doing TR plans. I’ve has issues before of not quite making it to the rest weeks in the 6 week base cycles which I’m sure are age related - I just don’t recover like I used to. (Left to my own devices, I’d recover every 4 weeks, not 6 as specified in the stock plans - next year I’m just going to bite the bullet and construct my own 12 weeks of a personalized SSB 1, 2 & 3 with 3 recovery weeks instead of the stock plans’ 2). This year I was actually doing better and nailed week 3 and started week 4 strong but by Saturday I was toasted. Rather than muddle through week 5 not making any of the workouts, I’m thinking I’m better of regrouping now. Am I off base?

1 Like

Here is the thread I made with a couple of options.

2 Likes

My personal experience adding an additional week of recovery does help. Chad’s link is great.

1 Like

It looks like great minds thing alike :wink: Thanks for the link.

1 Like

What’s a recovery week and why would you ever need an extra one?! :man_shrugging::rofl:

(As you can tell, some of us…one of us? …is hell bent for leather and attempts to temper this defect with the use of “humour”. :laughing: )