Andy Blow of Precision Hydration joins us for a deep dive into hydration, sweating, cramping and more. Check out Episode 221 of the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast now on Youtube and your favorite podcast apps!
Youtube Live Video:
Topics covered in this episode:
- What influence does recent nutrition have on sweat tests?
- Is it necessary to replace sodium in the mornings?
- Should you aim to replace all sodium and liquid lost to sweat?
- Does sweat rate change over time?
- Is sweat rate correlated to relative performance changes?
- Is there an ideal sweat rate?
- Is the loss of sodium or liquid more harmful to performance?
- How do you calculate your sweat rate-specific nutrition in hot vs. cold conditions?
- How do you accurately test sweat rates?
- What really causes cramps?