Hungry at night and post exercise eating, advice please

Go to bed hungry and get a nice long ‘fasted state’ duration. Keeps weight down.
Over Easter eating Easter eggs I’m trying to eat my last egg at 7pm. If I race at night like tonight I might just half of one

1 Like

For my part:

If I’m trying to lose weight, I go to bed hungry. I fight the urge to night graze. Not easy!

If I’m jonesing and have to get my Chocolate fix, I usually will have this Avocado Chocolate Pudding on hand. A little fills me up, it’s got great health benefits and it’s really tasty!

Giver a go!

Avocado Chocolate Pudding
By: Laura Miller

INGREDIENTS
2 large avocados
1/2 cup agave or maple syrup
1/2 cup cocoa powder
3 tablespoons coconut oil
1/2 teaspoon balsamic
1/2 teaspoon nama shoyu (Refined Soy Sauce. Use Soy if not available)
1/4 teaspoon salt

INSTRUCTIONS
Blend all ingredients in a food processor til smooth.

Enjoy!

I know I’m reviving an older thread but sometimes I’m a bit clueless with nutrition. Everyone in the house eats extremely healthy no snacks or anything like that. I’m 165 trying to drop to 155 by late spring and I am counting calories with a modest goal of 1/2 lb a week. I’m in the build phase and I keep waking up starving. (My stomach growling even woke up the wife). If my calories are okay (I fuel my workouts appropriate) I’m guessing it’s either the makeup or the timing. I work out around 6pm, eat some veggies and rice and a protein shake (for anything sweet spot and above), asleep but 11pm. Should I cut the rice and add some fat? Does the macros matter? I’d appreciate any help.

Dropping weight during a build? Bad idea.

You won’t gain power or lose weight. Pick one, not both.

2 Likes

Appropriate resurrection of this thread for me, I’m in week 5 of SSBHV1 and over the last 24 to 36 hours I’ve felt constantly hungry. I’ve been conscious to not eat to the point of not feeling hungry any more as I’d have to eat a LOT for this to happen :grinning:.
I’m so looking forward to next week.

Sometimes I’ll eat a whole pizza and miraculously, the hunger goes away.

5 Likes

I think this is individual. I have to eat a big meal right before bed or i won’t sleep. Has been like this always even if training or not. If i try to stop eat earlier it end up me being sleepless and keep going to grab a snack during the whole night.

2 Likes

I’ve definitely had less cravings since I started fuelling workouts more properly. I’ve actually noticed the cravings come back after outdoor rides this time of year where I’ve struggled to eat on the bike because of (multiple) hand layers.

Slightly different in that I workout first thing, but even when I did workout in the evenings, I factored evening food into my daily eating. Tea and toast, and maybe some greek yogurt and fruit. Sitting down on the sofa, after the kids go to bed, with a big mug of decaff tea and toast is one of my favourite things tbh!

1 Like

Made the avacado chocolate moose this morning and it’s very tasty. I have some questions:
How do you get it out of the blender without eating it all before it gets in the jar?
How do you make last a couple of days?
Oh, and how do you clean the blender without the risk of loosing a finger to get it all out.
Many thanks for posting, I’ll not look at the calories for a couple of days.

I use a food processor. (Fingers still in tact)

It’s my go-to chocolate fix.

1 Like

It sure is tasty. Wonder how the calories compare with Nutella?

Here’s a Paleo version with nutritional Info:

Ingredients

• 2 piece large avocados pitted, flesh scooped out
  • ½ cup maple syrup Slightly less if using coconut aminos
  • 4 ounces vegan dark chocolate (or paleo) I recommend the melted chocolate and have not yet tried it with powder, or 1/2 cup raw cocoa/cacao powder for raw
  • 3 tablespoon coconut oil liquid form
  • 1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar don’t sub any other vinegar here! And I highly encourage you to use a good balsamic here
  • 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce, tamari, or coconut aminos
  • 1 pinch small pinch salt
  • 1 tbsp extra chopped dark chocolate, sprig of mint, crushed raspberries, or crushed Oreos, for garnish, optional

Instructions

1. Melt chocolate in a double-boiler, being careful not to overheat or burn.

2. Scrape into a blender with all other ingredients. Blend until very smooth–a few pulses at the end will help get it all in there. Scrape down mousse as needed to ensure a perfectly smooth texture.

3. Refrigerate for two hours, or eat right away for “pudding”.

4. Garnish with extra chopped dark chocolate, or garnish with a sprig of mint, crushed raspberries, or crushed Oreo cookies, if you desire.

Recipe Notes

Adapted from Laura Miller

Nutrition Facts

Paleo Chocolate Avocado Mousse

Amount Per Serving (4 g)

Calories 533Calories from Fat 333

% Daily Value*

Fat 37g 57%

Saturated Fat 18g 113%

Cholesterol 1mg 0%

Sodium 40mg 2%

Potassium 781mg 22%

Carbohydrates 49g 16%

Fiber 10g 42%

Sugar 32g 36%

Protein 4g 8%

Vitamin A 147IU 3%

Vitamin C 11mg 13%

Calcium 77mg 8%

Iron 4mg 22%

• Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.