How to best set up "seasons" in TR?

Hello, I am looking for help in our to best set up my “seasons” in TrainerRoad?
I live in Pacific Northwest (Canada) so should I set my seasons as mid Sept to mid Sept?
Or, should you create seasons by training phase (e.g. base, build, specialty)?
Or should you create a seasons to separate your indoor riding from your outdoor riding (as power numbers will differ more from inside to outside)?
I don’t know the way that will yield the best way to compare “seasons” and provide the most meaningful information to track progress.
Thanks very much,

Yes to all of the above. :stuck_out_tongue:

Seriously, though, I do several combinations of season.

1. Full year to year seasons
  2. Training Phase within seasons
  3. Race specific (single day “seasons”) to allow comparison between races from one to another, or year to year of the same season.
  4. I don’t have any, but indoor vs outdoor or even power data tool changes are good reasons to consider different seasons.

Essentially, ask yourself what you expect to want to compare with the power curve of any given season? You don’t necessarily have to know everything right now. You can create a new season, or modify existing ones at any time. So there’s no need to get stuck on what are the “right” ones to make. Just do what you know right now and add or edit in the future.

Here are some examples:

4 Likes

Thank you @mcneese.chad, I’ll have to think about this now.
I am only coming up on the end of my first year using real power (was on virtual power prior).
All my top power numbers are from outside rides so I am not sure how to create seasons for relevant comparison.
Thanks again and very nice to hear you being recognized on a recent podcast, much appreciated all of your work.

1 Like