Join us for a live recording of the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast, tomorrow, April 30 at 8:00 am Pacific. We’ll be covering how Coach Chad and Nate would beat Coach Jonathan in a climbing road race, how to manage rest day hunger and cravings, more information on sauna training and much more!
Youtube Live Video:
Topics covered in this episode:
- Outside Workouts with TrainerRoad!
- How to know when to skip a race and recover
- Pre-race routines and visualization
- XC MTB pacing
- USAC MTB call-up points explained
- We raced another TT!
- Indoor training on a budget
- Are saunas only effective immediately after training?
- How to prepare for a ramp test
- Coach Chad’s strength training recommendations
- How does ribose affect recovery?
- Why you always feel extra hungry on rest days
- Why properly fueling workouts is actually a skill
- How to manage weight during a taper
- How big riders can easily beat light riders