How do you start a riot?

i propose that we dont accept any adaptations and no testing until the ftp estimate feature gets released. maybe that will push it a bit sooner.

So you want to sabotage your own training? That’ll teach ‘em. :rofl:

26 Likes

Skynet will crush your puny rebellion

13 Likes

Just connect your data to intervals.icu and get your estimate.

13 Likes

The FTP estimate is a great feature, but I can wait since we have levels. Can’t complete 1.0 and 2.0 workouts? Drop FTP a few watts. Crushing threshold 10.0? Bump it up.

:man_shrugging:

6 Likes

I keep holding my breath…

But every time I wake up, nothing has changed. :wink:

7 Likes

Jesus, you want to check out the run/swim feature request thread. First post was on an abacus.

13 Likes

I’m waiting patiently for darts and table tennis.

3 Likes

thats exactly the plan. if we all do it theyll have no choice but to push it out. they have until feb 1st. clock is ticking.

People always think the next thing is the magic bullet training-wise…

8 Likes

This coalition will fracture the first time someone posts a 0.5 w FTP gain and credits it to AT adaptations. I wish you traitorous rebels the best of luck.

-Darth

On Edit: Forgot the smile face emoticon.

1 Like

No kidding. I am not a tri-guy, but sympathize with the delay in addressing that issue.

I do think it should be a much higher priority than this eFTP one. Simple math: We have more than a few ways to address FTP evaluation with relative ease, while the Run/Swim stuff is in the dark ages by comparison. No contest for me, even though I will likely never benefit from it.

5 Likes

You are your own coach. If you can’t figure out your own FTP, then you probably shouldn’t be your own coach.

6 Likes

I hate to make assumptions here, but isn’t it kind of your job to take down any rebellion?

7 Likes

i just hate testing. i do adjust my ftp when i feel like its time.

3 Likes

already do.

1 Like

Hey, even Dark Lords of the Sith need to prioritize!!!

Joking aside, it is remarkable that FTP, as a relatively simple concept upon which to structure power based training, has created so much consternation amongst cyclists. Not to mention how some riders base their ego and self worth on their FTP test.

It’s just not that critical to be overly precise with FTP and it’s really not that hard to get a good enough estimate with a good enough test or estimation.

Now if you’ll excuse me, there are traitorous rebel scum I need to deal with.

Your friend,

Darth

6 Likes

From today’s live podcast.

3 Likes

Who wants to start the thread my estimated FTP is way off?

14 Likes

Oh, that will surely happen (and I already mentioned that in a separate topic) :wink:

2 Likes