How do you care for your helmet?

Gotta admit…I don’t wash any part of my helmet. Ever. I do hang it to air dry after each ride. And I ride in the rain sometimes, so that’s good. Right? :rofl:

I so desperately wanted to jump in and remarkably restrained myself.

1 Like

I have a similar device, to dry my helmet, I remove the shoe fixtures (mine slide out) and just put the helmet over the two vents. Dry pads in easily under an hour.

This is possibly the stupidest idea I have heard on here!!! You’re trusting a helmet that’s been crashed 1000x a minute during each wash to protect your head? (not to mention the possible damage drying it on a heater will cause!!

2 Likes

Earth speed is about 29,78 km/s and I am still standing. How it is possible, any idea?

Helmet inside washing mashine doesn’t crash 1000 per minute, it’s just rotate with high speed “glued” to the drum wall. There are no crashes at all. And yes, if you have washing mashine with dryer, never use dryer. Dryer will destroy helmet. But home heater with something about 60 degrees Celsius it’s nothing for your helmet compared to 2 hours, when You leave it on direct Sun, enyoing your coffe each Sunday.

If you’re running them on a 1000rpm cycle that most likely means you’re using a front load?
That means your shoes and helmet are banging around in there during the wash cycle. That sort of thing will reduce the life of your lid.
That’s a terrible way to care for your helmet, as is placing it on a heater set at 60c. Why use a 30c setting in the washer? Why not run it at 60c if the heater is OK at that temp?

To the OP. Read the care instructions that came with your helmet.

1 Like

30°C and 1000rpm sorts mine out.

Oh, someone already posted that…

1 Like

@JoeX
Don’t forget to dry it off afterwards. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like