Hitting a brick wall at Build

All, really appreciate the deep dive and insight everyone’s providing. Thank you!

@pkwell completing SSBII sounds enticing - especially since it could contribute to a more mature base as @russell.r.sage pointed out. Also just knowing what “hard” feels like is something I feel like I haven’t quite gotten a clear picture of yet.

@ibaldwin unfortunately I don’t have any power meters for outdoors - and I’m in 90º + weather haha so might be more miserable. I currently run a Lasko High Volume fan with overhead ceiling fans as well. I think I’m OK ventilation-wise… but always a good thing to monitor.

@jordivinas agreed on psychological maturity during these intense workouts. I boxed for 7 years, so I’d always like to think I know what “hard” feels like but cycling sure set me straight on that misconception haha.

@Majoeric / @kajet - as far as FTP accuracy goes, I’d say that when I tested at 233, it was about as clean of a ramp test as I’ve ever done. Good natural cadence at about 85-92, zero standing, zero rocking, butt was glued to saddle, and upper body seemed good (in aero) as much as I could tell… this contrasted to my first ever ramp test which looked like a dumpster fire … and hence lead to my musing of “maybe I just didn’t have a mature enough base going into build”

1 Like

I think you hit the nail on the head with this. I found that as my fitness improves over the past three years the VO2 workouts have become more manageable even though the watts are much higher than they used to be. Maybe improved energy systems?