Share the podcast with your friends, and rate it 5-stars!
iTunes: Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast - Presented by TrainerRoad on Apple Podcasts
Spotify: Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast - Presented by TrainerRoad | Podcast on Spotify
Google Podcasts: https://trainerroad.cc/google
TOPICS COVERED IN THIS EPISODE:
(0:00) Introducing Cole Paton!
(14:47) Why is your heart rate higher when training outside vs. inside?
(26:31) Pacing tips for new road racers
(43:04) Is too much flexibility bad for cyclists?
(55:32) Is sweat rate based on power output?
LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Backs, R. W., & Seljos, K. A. (1994). Metabolic and cardiorespiratory measures of mental effort: the effects of level of difficulty in a working memory task. International Journal of Psychophysiology
- Furley, P., & Memmert, D. (2010). The role of working memory in sport. International Review of Sport and Exercise Psychology
- 2015 Harvard RR Circuit
- Thacker, R. D., Gilmore, L. A., McBride, J. M., Schilling, B. K., & Kirby, T. C. (2004). Acute effects of static stretching on peak torque in women
- Ask a Cycling Coach Episode 260 - Cramping, Sodium, Women's Hydration with Precision Hydration's Andy Blow - Ask a Cycling Coach 260 - YouTube
- Ask a Cycling Coach Episode 221 - Hydration, Sweat and Cramping with Precision Hydration's Andy Blow – Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast 221 - YouTube
- Cole and Savilia’s Youtube: Cole & Savilia - YouTube
Watch our latest Cycling Science Explained video now!
Subscribe to the Science of Getting Faster Podcast below!
iTunes: Science of Getting Faster Podcast - Presented by TrainerRoad on Apple Podcasts
TRY TRAINERROAD RISK FREE FOR 30 DAYS!
TrainerRoad is the #1 cycling training app. No other cycling app is more effective. Over 13,000 positive reviews, a 4.9 star App Store rating.
Adaptive Training from TrainerRoad uses machine learning and science-based coaching principles to continually assess your performance and intelligently adjust your training plan. It trains you as an individual and makes you a faster cyclist.
Learn more about TrainerRoad: Cycling Planning, Training, & Analytics - TrainerRoad
Learn more about Adaptive Training: Adaptive Training: The Right Workout. Every Time. - TrainerRoad
ABOUT THE ASK A CYCLING COACH PODCAST
The only podcast dedicated to making you a faster cyclist. TrainerRoad’s Ask a Cycling Coach podcast gives you the chance to get answers to your cycling and triathlon training questions with USAC/USAT certified coaches, pro athletes, and other special guests.
Have a question for the podcast? Ask here: Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast - TrainerRoad
MORE PODCASTS FROM TRAINERROAD
Listen to the Successful Athletes Podcast: Successful Athletes Podcast - TrainerRoad
Listen to the Science of Getting Faster Podcast: The Science of Getting Faster Podcast - TrainerRoad
STAY IN TOUCH
Training Blog: TrainerRoad Blog - Cycling Training Resources and Tips
TrainerRoad Forum: TrainerRoad - Cycling & Training Forum
Strava Club: Reno, Nevada Club | TrainerRoad on Strava
TrainerRoad Podcast Network
Submit your Question to the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast
Subscribe to the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast
Subscribe to the Successful Athletes Podcast
Submit your story to the Successful Athletes Podcast
Subscribe to the Science of Getting Faster Podcast