Haute Route Asheville 2019

Doing a 1 or 2 day TrainerRoad meetup aka Haute Route/Asheville May 16-17, 2020 sounds to me like a great time. Ride together on the flats but suffer your own style on the big climbs and regroup at the top(s). No prizes, no podium, no Popeye’s Chicken. Get enough folks on board, and I’ll ‘incent’ @chad, @Nate_Pearson, or @Jonathan to join us. :wink:

1 Like
  • Heck yeah, I’d meet other TR folks in Asheville for this 2-day fest!
  • No, I’d rather stare at blue blocks of doom for another weekend on the trainer

0 voters

I’m out.

I might be interested in this myself

Day 1 : DAY 1 - HR - A bike ride in Asheville, NC
Day 2: DAY 2 - HR - A bike ride in Asheville, NC

Hotel where I’d probably stay: Downtown Asheville Hotels | AC Hotel Asheville Downtown

@Nate_Pearson, I apologize… you can dine here:

2 Likes

Hey Bryce,

I’m training for the HR Dolomites, 3 days. I am following the same plan but planning on doing Climbing Road speciality instead of Century, any thoughts?

Tks!

The Climbing Road Race Specialty Phase is a good option if you are planning to ride the event a little more dynamically. It has a bit more variety built-in allowing for more snap while the Century Plan is all about building that diesel engine.

You can read a little more about our recommendations for different types of gran-fondos here in this Help Center Article.

1 Like

Hi there from Ireland in lockdown! I thought it best to pose my question here as it relates to long/multi-Grand Fondos.
Since last November, I’ve been training with the excellent TR for Haute Route Alps 2020 Haute Route Alpswhich (hopefully) takes place over 7 days in late August, 800km, 20,000 metre plus total elevation. I am working my way through the Plan Builder and due to complete Rolling Road Race MV in 2 weeks’ time. My 2 questions are:

1. Next up in my training schedule is General Build MV and I wonder should I change this to Sustained Build MV.
  2. The final phase as per the Plan Builder is Rolling Road Race again MV and I am looking for suggestions on whether I should alter this to Century MV? This may well be splitting hairs and there probably is no simple or ‘right’ answer. I am 57 with FTP/kg of 3.2 which hopefully will show improvement after the ramp test in 2 weeks. Many thanks.

If you are “riding” more than “racing”, I’d think Sustained Power Build and Climbing RR or Century Spec could be better. Depends a lot on how you plan to ride.

1 Like

Thanks Chad. Most definitely riding/surviving!

1 Like

Haute Route is not a rolling road race, even if you are racing. Suggest you tell Plan Builder that Haute Route is a Gran Fondo.

I’m with @mcneese.chad, Sustained Power and Century Specialty. Or maybe the 40K TT specialty.

Good luck with it!

2 Likes

Thanks for the confirmation. On the back of both replies, I have changed to Sustained Build MV followed by Century MV.

2 Likes