🎉 🎉 🎉 Group Workouts are here! 🎉 🎉 🎉

This is incredible, you guys. I never expected audio/video support. Amazing.

Bummed it’s not on mobile, but I also totally understand the logistics of adding something like that. Hopefully someday!

9 Likes

So AWESOME!!! Got to give this a :heart: Great job @Nate_Pearson @Bryce @chad and TR teams.

9 Likes

Great, now I have to wear a jersey inside! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Serious actually :neutral_face:

Looking forward to seeing how this rolls out!

21 Likes

I am so in awe of what you guys are doing, this is incredible, so good, I love it

5 Likes

Very cool - anyone wanna do Rogers +5 with me around 5 or 5:15 AM Eastern time tomorrow?

Edit: Since @mcneese.chad has now created the official thread, here’s a link to the post with this ride over there

4 Likes

Link to the main Sharing thread:

3 Likes

this is awesome. unfortunately i don’t have any friends who use trainerroad. maybe we can start creating something like workout clubs and train together with people from all over the world. i’d be totally in!

12 Likes

Sorry if this is already answered elsewhere, but what if one of the riders needs to take a backpedal break?

Does this work for custom workouts or modified TR library workouts?

This thread is meant for sharing, so people can freely post links to their planned workouts.

You can “find friends” anytime, is the idea for now.

1 Like

No custom workouts (or ramp test) for now. That will change in the future to include both.

2 Likes

What I would love is an instructor-led TR workout, with curated music and discussion. This would make me want to do the workouts so much more. A “Peloton” experience, but with the structured training of TR. I always get bored of my music and entertainment, and having someone there to motivate me would get me through some tough workouts.

This feature is so close…but I can’t see the same benefit when it’s just me and my friends. For example, I don’t see myself talking very much during high intensity workouts. Here’s hoping that it’s groundwork for more!

8 Likes

Patents owned by Peloton will prevent “classes” as such in TR.

2 Likes

That is so lame, hopefully they can find a way around it.

2 Likes

I suspect people will feel real motivation when seeing others holding and pushing in the hard parts. You can chat in the down recoveries, and discuss motivation and planning for the other parts of the workout. There is some real “push” that comes from knowing others are enduring the same pain. A bit like holding that power you don’t think you can to the sign sprint or other targets when rolling outside.

5 Likes

Brilliant! Big thanks for adding this socially connecting feature during this time of social distance. You make us faster and more emotionally healthy.

3 Likes

Yes. Lets do it. Can you create the workout and send the code? I’m Bryan

2 Likes

I also feel like the group workout feature appeals to those who are drawn to Zwift. Personally, I don’t want to be on camera or chat with my friends while we’re all grinding it out. I do see it being beneficial for “Disaster Day” or Ramp Tests (not yet ready), but other than that I don’t think I’ll try it out.

Great that they’re thinking outside the box though!

4 Likes

Sure. Like any feature, this will not work for everyone. But the group aspect and feeling of shared effort is something that can and does appeal to many. We did a simple Discord chat with a few people this last Sunday, and it was a blast. Even when we were doing different workouts at different intensity.

Just another option for people to use or not. I hope people at least try it, because I think there is more to it once you actually give it a ride.

4 Likes