🎉 🎉 🎉 Group Workouts are here! 🎉 🎉 🎉

I had 2 Lasko fans and another 2 small fans blowing on me using AirPods for speaker and mic. Other user said he heard nothing. I think this is the way to go.

1 Like

Hi Nate,
Thanks for replying so quickly and thoroughly! I retested with Groupworkouts on Mills set just to ANT (Windows, with Bluetooth turned off ) and found the following:

1. To be fair it did drop out briefly in a rest phase, but the software recovered the Hammer 1 just before the 2nd to last interval (N=2, so more repetition required). Overall it was out for maybe 20 seconds.

2. Behaviourally it was interesting too. I set the workout, emailed a couple of friends with little notice. None if them turned up, but I did the workout anyway just in case anyone showed up. I may set all my workouts this way to make myself more accountable (to me)!

3. If I have both ANT AND Bluetooth on, I presume it will be more stable. Will do so on the next attempt.

Enjoy your Easter Sunday.

Bonne

Hi @Nate_Pearson, any plan in the short term to add the in-ride instructions to the group workouts? Ta!

We’re looking at it.

2 Likes

Hi Nate, just looking for confirmation of date and time when group ramp test will be available to normal users? Thanks

1 Like

Thanks just wanted to double check, will do our tests tomorrow the old fashioned way!

Question: A friend and I were doing Virginia yesterday and he joined late (50 mins in). 15 minutes later we both dropped out of each other’s workout. We both kept riding but couldn’t reconnnect with each other by leaving the workout and reentering it individually. Eventually we both left and put the code back in and we’re connected but the workout started at the beginning.

Side note - a few times during the workout my video would drop but the workout and audio were still fine.

Is this a issue on my side or TR?

Would still love to see workout text in the group workouts! I miss Chad when he isn’t there!

Shortcut keys for mute and camera on/off would be good!

1 Like

Not my thing at all but other people seem to be keen.

Just wondering though, what’s the chance that your mate(s) is due to do the same workout? And at the same time? I can’t see this working for those on a training plan, maybe just every now and then???

Last week, I faced the video drop during workout several times. Maybe growing pains?

1 Like

Is there a plan to add the option for the instructional text to be shown in group workouts?

They are considering the option.

1 Like

Cool! For some workouts the text is really tied to the profile and makes the workout better. For other workouts the text is less critical. cheers.

2 Likes

Rather than making an entirely separate thread for this - is there a way to add an automatic tag as is used in TP for workouts? I know TR’s goal is to provide a one-stop with the calendar, but right now with running and with my coach TP is a necessity and it would be cool to have it auto tag my TR workouts as Group or otherwise for use in TP and WKO. Right now I add “TrainerRoad” and “TRGroupWorkout” (when applicable) to all of my workouts. Would be fun to be able to easily sort these vs normal TR workouts and compare…?

I thought I head a mention somewhere that there could be some online training related patents that could apply here. Yeah for a broken patent system :frowning:

This is live. “A” for audio and “V” for video.

5 Likes

Did day 3 of power profile testing today in group ride format; the H.A. & A.C. Power Profile test is a bugger as a day 3 ride. Having someone else there dying at the same time made the work out a success. I probably would have stepped off or back pedaled if alone.

2 Likes

Hi, guys having a nightmare trying to choose a camera for PC anyone recommend something for £20 ??