🎉 🎉 🎉 Group Workouts are here! 🎉 🎉 🎉

Really nice back-of-the-envelope work there. :smiley:

1 Like

Having trouble finding the new intervals after a group workout slide out. Can anybody direct me in this. We just finished the ride and none of us could find it. I wasn’t updated to the newest version but the host was and she said she couldn’t find anything either. Does everyone have to be updated for it too work? The group ride went flawlessly though!

What do you mean by “new intervals”?

The new update this week said there was a new slide out for intervals after a group ride.

1 Like

Is it possible to do a workout code for an entire block of training, like SSB1? I don’t want to create a persistent room for a workout I’ll only do once or twice in a block.

In sort of the same vein, would it be possible in the future to set up the app to broadcast that you would be interested in someone joining your workout? Say that you opt in to open workouts and have a preferred time for workouts listed in the app. Say that you have Carson scheduled for today and like to work out at 18:00 EST: would it be possible to get an alert through the app to connect you with someone else doing that workout around that time? (E.g. “tacotuesday is doing Carson at 18:30, would you like to join?”)

Edit: Also, would anyone like to do variants of “Disaster” as group workouts later this summer? :smiling_imp:

Yes. There are plans in the works to do a group workout Disaster day (or week). You should check this forum topic:COVID-19 Disaster Day? and join the Discord Server.

1 Like

Has anyone else noticed an external workout being automatically uploaded to TR Calendar? Did a virtual ride today while doing my TR workout and it uploaded part of the external virtual ride to my calendar.

I have an older lenovo and had to go to the lenovo advantage app to enable it.

What do you mean? Can you post a screen shot?

@ericallenboyd, here you go:

It pulled my warmup from Zwift but not the actual event I was doing after that while I did my scheduled TR workout. Strange.

1 Like

I had a technical issue this morning. I set up the group workout, I could see myself and other rider, and audio was connected. “Something” went awire and audio went and then video. I fixed the audio issue.

But I cannot get my integrated camera to now function. I have gone into device manager and can no longer find the integrated camera. This is the error.

0xa00f4244 which is a camera is not connected error.

I have tried turning the App on and Off
Uninstalled anti virus software

I am currently updating all drivers to no avail. Any ideas?

Hi Team,

I love the group work out feature. A few things to think of:

1. The AV Camera for my Guest did not work - not sure why.
  2. Bluetooth devices (Hammer 1) crashed - ANT more stable? I finished the ride pairing my Garmin to the Hammer and following the watts anyway - so salvaged there.
  3. My partner commenting that the noise of chatting during the ride (with headphones on it is hard to self regulate this) - is there any way of having a text messaging system built in, so audio can be optional (Zwift has this and it works well)? We live in an apartment, so we are pretty noise aware.

Thanks for a great update, I love the constant improvements you have added over the years!

Yours

Bonne

I’m not sure group workouts are a good idea.

My friends are bad influences

4 Likes

Hey Chad, sorry if this has been made clear elsewhere, but when will Ramp Test in group workout format be available to Joe Public? Is it AFTER the guys do the test on Monday 13th at 1pm PT or just Monday? Friend and I are keen to try this but it would be at 8am BST so midnight PT. Cheers for any info cc @Nate_Pearson

1 Like

They didn’t state it yet. But I agree, after their test seems likely to me as well.

1 Like
  1. We have a new system coming out very soon. I just used it on Friday. Hopefully that fixes it.
  2. I’ve forwarded this to our dev team to take a look at. Normally BT is better than ANT.
  3. We have a noise gate feature coming in that should eliminate some of the low noise issues. Chat is longer term idea but we think that’s best for really big workouts.
1 Like

I had 2 Lasko fans and another 2 small fans blowing on me using AirPods for speaker and mic. Other user said he heard nothing. I think this is the way to go.

1 Like

Hi Nate,
Thanks for replying so quickly and thoroughly! I retested with Groupworkouts on Mills set just to ANT (Windows, with Bluetooth turned off ) and found the following:

1. To be fair it did drop out briefly in a rest phase, but the software recovered the Hammer 1 just before the 2nd to last interval (N=2, so more repetition required). Overall it was out for maybe 20 seconds.

2. Behaviourally it was interesting too. I set the workout, emailed a couple of friends with little notice. None if them turned up, but I did the workout anyway just in case anyone showed up. I may set all my workouts this way to make myself more accountable (to me)!

3. If I have both ANT AND Bluetooth on, I presume it will be more stable. Will do so on the next attempt.

Enjoy your Easter Sunday.

Bonne

Hi @Nate_Pearson, any plan in the short term to add the in-ride instructions to the group workouts? Ta!

We’re looking at it.

2 Likes