Garmin Edge 1040 Released

Part of the same bug?! Its only on the ClimbPro screen…

1 Like

:crossed_fingers: on it being just a bug and that Garmin fixes it quickly

I’ve used ClimbPro for awhile and its the first time seeing this issue.

Yeah it’s the first time I’ve seen it this far off. It was really bad at RPI. Just unusablely bad.

New Beta version Released.

Changes made from version 14.50 to 15.13:

• Added support for high traffic roads including map display and navigation warning messages
  • Added support for events including a primary event and event calendar glance
  • Added support for upcoming daily suggested workouts
  • Added support for live event sharing
  • Added support for spectator messaging
  • Added support for heart rate confidence metric
  • Added ‘Ride’ button to segment details page
  • Added Shimano Di2 adjustment mode support
  • Added RCT715 recording status indicator
  • Added support for saving photos and video clips on the RCT715 when the camera is disabled or busy
  • Added support for turning off RCT715 video recording when suspending or powering off the Edge
  • Improved phone pairing experience by adding QR code support and supporting PIN comparison when used with a compatible smartphone
    Improved ClimbPro data screen and climb list
  • Fixed issue with adding CIQ data field during sensor pairing flow
  • Updated to CIQ API version 4.1.6
  • Fixed various bugs and improved product stability
1 Like

Sad there is no mention of fixing the ClimbPro climb lag :slightly_frowning_face:

Used this version today Oct 29 and it was fine, no issues.

Only issue I saw was that all my alerts were “listed” as off, but the settings I had when clicking into each one worked like a charm.

New Climb Pro summary screen is pretty damn good. I went off course today, so I couldn’t tell you if it was accurate or not.

This is awesome. I mocked up what they should have on screen when it was released. It’s exactly what they’ve done (although it’s on the right of screen not left).

1 Like

Hello from Spain, my first post here.

I have a 1040 since a couple of weeks. I have never used segments before, but I can’t get Garmin Connect segments working in my device.

I have made and synced several segments from Garmin Connect to my 1040.

Every Segment feature is enabled in 1040 , but when I reach the segment, no popup when I enter the segment and no dedicated segment page to view my opponenst times compared with mine. I can also see the segment with green stroke on the map.

Turn guidance = OFF (general and for segments)

Has anyone experienced something similar? Thank you!

1 Like

New Edge 1040 Series Version 15.23 Now Available

Has anyone tried this new release? Does it fix the horrible climbpro lag with multi-climb routes?

I don’t personally use that feature so I have no first hand experience. However, the 1040 forum posters that were most concerned about the lag said is was much better several versions ago. That the lag had dropped from a reported 15-20 seconds to 5 or less seconds.

I just upgraded, so will see how ClimbPro works during the 1st 2 days of Festive500

1 Like

Has anybody tried the event based daily workout suggestions?

Since this has been out for a while I guess any teething issues would have shown up (or new bugs introduced!).

With my ultra aspirations, I’m getting out longer on my own, and in the dark, the unreliability of Wahoo’s live tracking (and message alerts but that’s not a deal breaker) is making my partner suggest I get something that works.

How are the early 1040 adaptors getting on? It’s a bit of a toss-up between this and a Hammerhead but leaning this way if there aren’t any glaring issues since I have a Garmin watch already.

I’ve had my 1040 since launch and have been super happy. I use it for gravel, road and some XC riding It’s doing everything I need it to do.

In years past Garmin devices could be a bit flakey with connecting reliably with my phone, but this has gone away. Live tracking has been excellent. GPS navigation for gravel routes and races is perfect. I send the course from Garmin Connect

Battery life is incredible and the solar charging works well.

It is big, so need to be aware of that if coming from a small computer.

100% would buy it again.

2 Likes

I second this, even with just the non-Solar 1040. The only reason I’ve been charging my 1040 has been to do updates for the maps. The battery for “normal” (not epic) weekend rides seems to last forever.

Coming from a 820, the 1040 seems a lot more responsive and has been rock solid.

1 Like

Somewhat of a reluctant fan, as I have been in the Wahoo ecosystem for years. But there is a lot to like about the Garmin Edge 1040. Battery life is a highlight. Certainly something you would appreciate with ultra aspirations.

I still find the user interface more clunky than Wahoos - and I think the screen is too glossy in sunny conditions.

But overall I am happy.

On a whim I bought the 1040 Solar and its massive compared to my 830 - certainly not for weight weenies. Could have bought a dedicated smartphone for as much as this thing costs. :money_mouth_face: Because of the size and cost I’m hesitant to use the 1040 with an out front mount anywhere in the woods. Probably not the optimum model for my use case but time will tell.

I have no need for two bike computers and will be selling my mint condition Edge 830 if anyone is interested.

I use the out front on the road/gravel where the drops protect it, and the mtb mount that puts it over the stem for my mtb. Plus the rubber bumper that was included. So far i’ve found it to be quite the improvement over the 1030 and OMG the battery life is crazy.