Fun- Cooling down with classical music?

Am I the only weirdo or some other comrades are also cooling with classical music?

3 Likes

I haven’t tried classical, but I’ll give it a try.

I usually listen to the cheesiest pop punk/emo. No idea why. Don’t really listen to that music otherwise, but something about it just works at the end of a workout.

2 Likes

I haven’t lately (when I am staying at my GF’s place), but I sleep with classical most nights.

But I do like to listen to some good cello concertos when I am riding downhill trails. Nothing like hitting massive gaps with some good Boccherini playing.

2 Likes

I only workout listening to

Atmosphères by Ligeti

(Atmosphères - Wikipedia)

1 Like

I have at times listened to classical music during ramp tests with favorable results.

4 Likes

I also listen to classical, baroque, romantic music during the warm-up and main workouts. I, however, do NOT suggest listening to minimalist music while working out during any phase. I’ll salt the music in my playlists. Pieces such as Enescu’s Romanian Rhapsody and Offenbach’s Can-Can always lower the RPE.

2 Likes

Sure it works! My wife was playing Chopin on Sonos whilst I was cycling and it was quite nice!

Philip Glass’ Metamorphosis is good for some mind space.

2 Likes

I usually choose John Denvers Country Road… makes me feel arriving at home … (although I just drove once through West Virginia and dont live anywhere nearby, clearly out of bikes reach)

I still guess, this somg is some how “classical” music… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I started cooling with any classical music and it seems it helps me to calm down and get my anxiety ouyt of my body. I also sit for a while the music is on.

Really help and strongly suggest.

2 Likes