For the love of riding

I was thinking about something the other day. How many of us when we are not training, still ride for the sake of riding? Like taking a cruise around the block on a hybrid, going to the skatepark on a bmx, take a stroll on your road/mtb without worrying about HR or power?

Anyone else ride to just ride?

Often but I live in a warm climate most months so it’s easy. I try and run errands on the bike when possible as well

I took turns riding the grandkids around the neighborhood with a trainer attached to bike#3. They love riding with gpa. We did a 20 mile charity ride this year. They each did 10.

Need to do more of this…

Nope. I’ll race my 10 year old. :grimacing:. He has better bike handling skills.

I train so I can ride more for the sake of riding because I love riding. :+1:

I love riding my bike full stop. There’s not a time when I’m on the bike and not enjoying it. I don’t see the need personally to dedicate rides as just for the pleasure of it. I’ll get pleasure from just looking at my bike.

I’m on the gen’l build low volume plan now so I’m only on the trainer tues/thurs/sat. Sundays I do 2+ hours easy just to be outside enjoying the ride (and massaging my aerobic system a bit further). It keeps me from feeling like it’s all drudgery when I’m on the bike.

I couldn’t agree more @hmaceachran . I train at the gym, either bike or kettlebells weekdays, and then on Saturday do what you do, get out on the bike. It is cold this time of year, but I appreciate the summer more for going out in the cold this time of year :slight_smile:

I train to enjoy the bike outdoors, I don’t race. I just want to make riding my bike more pleasurable and go further, with less fatigue.

I don’t race, so all it’s all for the love of riding. I just happen to like going fast so one leads into the other.

I do only low volume plans so I make sure I have time/TSS to spare to get outside whenever I can. In the winter – I live in Chicago – it’s tough. I was planning on getting out today, but my cut-off for an outside ride of any distance is 32F/0c - and we’re about there today.

I also commute to work whenever I can, and have a bike set up for grocery store runs.

Always love riding bikes. Always.

I tried this last night, Xmas eve. Took the CX bike and ended up thrashing it, spent an hour near VO2Max. Oh well, at least I tried.

My single speed is for the love of riding.

My race bike is for the love of crushing my opponents. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I look forward to being out of training so I can go roll 40-60 mi in the mountains. I’m sure there is benefit, but it’s for the sheer enjoyment of it for me.