Feeling weak after changing turbo trainer

Hi everyone, I switched from a kickr core to a tacx neo few days ago and I cant barely hit my numbers.At 1st sight , I thought that may be a power discrepancy between power reading but while using a crank powermeter, I realized that the number were fairly similar. On the tacx neo, I struggle to maintain a high cadence and have the feel to push more. Any thoughts ? Thanks

The flywheels work quite differently. I’m always hearing about some nice “road feel” on the kickrs, but as I’ve only ever used a neo I have no idea what they’re talking about. If I had to guess, you’re in a high gear and what’s actually happening is the neo is making a zillion microadjustments in erg to keep your power on point, and you’re fighting it nonstop. Those microaccelerations are tiring you out.

I suggest trying a lower gear. At slower fly-wheel speeds the neo gives you more watts +/- before erg butts-in makes an adjustment.

3 Likes

Thanks for the advice. I’ll try today on Bashful +6 . Let see :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you were training previously on the edge of your current limit, it only takes a small difference to push you over it. Different turbos can easily be that difference. Have you retested your FTP on the Taxc?

1 Like

No you are right. I just decreased the ftp by 4% until the next ramp test

1 Like

Did what you recommended,This is way better ! Adding the fact that I may need to retest my ftp with the new trainer, I think we’ll get closer to my previous training sensations. thanks a lot for the advice .

1 Like