Feature Request: Training Plan +1, -1 Variations (Low-Mid, Mid-High)

Thanks for your input! I definitely agree that the ability to adjust specific facets of Plan Builder would be well utilized if offered an option, but the traditional Plan Builder method is great for a lot of our athletes. Your perspective is appreciated, for sure! :raised_hands:

2 Likes

To my point of view, the solution wouldn’t be to add more plans… Instead what I think would be great would be to be able to save a block of workout as a custom plan… I this way someone could either build from scratch or from existing plans and tweak to their liking (shorter WO during the week, longer on the weekend, minus WO version here, plus plus WO version there, more intensity on Friday, Blocks of 5 Weeks instead of 6, etc.) then save it for repeating the plan on the following month/year or re-use than plan to tweak the things that didn’t work in the previous training plan… Being able to go more granular with Plan Builder would be great also…

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion! Definitely passed this one on to our development team. There may be a lot of moving pieces that make it difficult to put on our roadmap, but nonetheless, I’ve passed the suggestion on to them! :v:

1 Like

This has been a thought of mine for awhile as well, especially since the calendar came about. Being able to save custom training plans would not only help with the training plan you end up using, but would also help just in the initial planning of a season or block to allow you to save a plan/block loaded into your calendar and restart fresh with another plan/block to compare against how it would work without having to competely start from fresh again if you wanted to go back.

1 Like

There is an old Feature Request for Custom Plan Templates:

1 Like

This suggestion is a combination of the “make a second workout auto-load after a first one is complete” feature request and the extend cooldown method of increasing volume. I would love to be able to plan for the increased volume of extending cooldowns, by adding the time to the workout on the calendar, ahead of time. @IvyAudrain, looks like these feature ideas are on your radar, so looking your way. :slight_smile: Thanks!!!

2 Likes

Noted! This would be nice for things like Outside Workouts as well, where if you know the route you’ll do will add an extra 45-60 minutes for example, to be able to manually adjust your workout prior, and recalculate weekly TSS. Makes sense! Thanks for the suggestion, passing along to the team!

*** UPDATE @lkoehler, you can do this in Workout Creator by cloning the assigned workout and adding warmup / cooldown time, it takes a bit of time but it would definitely fit the description of what you’re looking for!

1 Like

I would like to add my voice to the request for +1 and -1 plans. I know that this has been beaten to death, but it is important to me. My years of training suggest that I can handle between 300 and 375 TSS per week. That is smack in the middle of Low and Mid. Low for me always calculates out to 250-275ish and mid is 415-500ish. I know that I can adjust manually and either add to the low or subtract a workout from mid, but I wish I could just pick a low/mid plan. I don’t like just adding “filler” to the low or choosing +1 workouts since I’m not sure which is best. And when I subtract, I’m not sure which is best to make a - 1 workout. I also want a plan with 4 workouts per week. Low is 3 and mid is 5. 4 workouts is best for me. Again, I know I can do all this manually and I will continue to do so if necessary. Thanks for a great product!

2 Likes

This may just happen tomorrow!

2 Likes