Favero Assioma Users

I am guessing its a battery issue.
If You can get away with charging every week… A bit of a pain i guess.

You can contact Assioma direct e-mail, they will give you a price to repair. They may even do under warranty, they can see the usage and charging frequency. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

As I said i remove from bike in October and refit in April. As batteries are Li-Ion, they are affected by cold.

Good luck with repair.

1 Like

Ok, totally silly question. I just got my assioma due’s this morning, and swapped xpedo cxr mtb bodies directly over to them to use them on my gravel bike. Works perfectly, quicky and easy. When I pair the pedals on my garmin edge 530, I only see the right side, but in the app, I see both pedals. Is this correct? I expected to see both. Still need to do a ride on them.

Is this over Bluetooth?

It’s better if you set the pedals to broadcast over a single channel on Bluetooth (set via the app). In that case you will only ever see and have to pair with one pedal.

Edit: I misunderstood - you mean the assioma app don’t you? Yes thats normal to see both there and only one on the head unit :+1:

1 Like

Yeah I use my bike all year round. The coldest it gets here is 7C around this time of year best weather to train in.
I will check with Favero but pretty sure the warranty is over now :pensive:

Friend of a friend had this with his Assioma today. Anyone ever seen this? Says it’s never happened before but they’re still within the 2 year warranty. Figured I’d ask here but he’s sending a service ticket anyway

interesting @Cleanneon98 I had this today.

The first bit they where tracking power normally, and then I noticed they started to drop out, and pick up again, that is the spiky bits in the middle of the graph. I decided to go into a bit of a sprint to see if a sudden change in power will help, which it seems it did. Got home and my Assioma app on my phone says both pedals are good, almost fully charged, etc. First time I had this, but then, it’s only my 4th ride on the assioma’s, hopefully something is not wrong. Anyone else had something simialer?

I’ve certainly never seen anything like that before on mine.

Unfortunately there is a whole other thread talking about similar issues.
Search for something on the lines of “Assioma becoming erratic“

Specifically for me, I had very similar issue with the UNO, Favero changed the spindle free of charge.

Following this after some months I upgraded to the DUO. One day I changed the pedals to another bike and the right one started systematically underreporting the power which was very frustrating. I ended my rides with a 60% 40% left right power split when usually I am 48% left 52% right. I contacted once again Favero and this time they asked me to ship them the pedals. They have promised to repair them in 10 business days and I am still waiting.

Basically I would contact their support they can make some internal checks on the status of your pedals through the app.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Can anyone tell me if the Assiomas transmit left and right power over both ANT+ and bluetooth?

My P1s only transmit both over ANT+, so if I want to use there with trainerroad, I have to use an ANT+ adapter. I would love to get rid of that and just use bluetooth (I’ve been having some ANT+ issues and bluetooth seems more reliable), but I want to still get total power (if I’m going to buy dual sided, I want dual sided data).

Thanks

It looks like there was a Assioma firmware update that allowed both left and right signals to be transmitted over bluetooth (DC Rainmaker goes into more detail on their site), but you could always reach out to TrainerRoad support to confirm. They may have some work-arounds to help get you connected via just Bluetooth!

2 Likes

The comments about temperature are interesting given below from the Favero web site.

Assioma provides accurate watt measurements with a great consistency and stability in the actual on-road use conditions and at any temperature between -10°C and 60°C. Thanks to the ATC (Automatic Temperature Compensation) too.

Ref: https://cycling.favero.com/shop/dual-sided-powermeter-assioma-duo

Maybe you only get one ride at -10°C? :cold_face:

Yes. Dual over BLE.

Thanks Lama!

You do need to select single channel bluetooth in the settings. Depending on how old your pedals are seems to determine what the default is.

Mine came set to transmit left and right power over separate channels as default but they are around 2 years old now.

1 Like

Thanks, but I’m not quite sure what this does. The option is listed in the quickstart guide, but is it for getting both L/R power over bluetooth, or is it just for app compatibility? The text in the guide makes me think it’s just for app compatibility. Seems like mine (just got them) come pre-set at Unified Channel L.

Edit:
Never mind, I think I just answered my question by looking at the settings in the app: Unified Channel L: most apps require this mode. The data of both pedals is sent by the left pedal.

2 Likes

It seems CT now is out of favero’s dealer list, isn’t it? Who does know the background?

https://www.clevertraining.com/assioma-pedal-based-cycling-power-meter

They have been flipping between the “not available and out of stock” and in stock every once in a while for a couple months now.

I got mine a few weeks ago. Ordered from Amazon, came in a clever training box.

Signed up for a “Reserve” to order off the Favero website last month. Just got the email today to place my order and it should arrive within a week to the US. No tax or shipping so the total for the DUO was $675 USD which appears to be a good price.

1 Like

thats a really good price, im on the waiting list as well