FAQ: How to Search for TrainerRoad Workouts

Search Procedure:

1. Go to https://www.trainerroad.com/cycling/workouts

2. Filter by selecting the Zones, Duration, Intensity, Intervals and other options.

• These may be combined, but be careful to not pick too many to start.
    • Too many filters may prematurely limit search results and you may miss your desired workout.
  3. Enter a short text search criteria:

• I recommend starting with minimal text at first.
    • Incorrectly worded or noted criteria may prematurely limit search results and you may miss your desired workout.
  4. Review the results to see if you get anything close to your goal.

• Refine your search criteria as needed, once you validate results and common wording in the workout text fields.
  5. Adjust the Sorting method with one of the options, and set ascending or descending.

Example 1:

• Filter: Threshold
  • Search: 3x8
  • Sort: Name, Descending (Default)

Example 2:

• Filter: VO2Max
  • Search: 5x5
  • Sort: Name, Descending (Default)

Example 3:

• Filter: Threshold
  • Search: 2x20
  • Sort: TSS, Ascending

3 Likes

Chad,

You might want to edit the title to start with “FAQ” or similar. At first I thought the title was of someone asking a question of how to search the workout library.

Cheers

I will consider that. I have a couple of similar threads for searching, and may need to make a similar edit to those as well. I can also consider adding all of them into my FAQ post that I need to work on more.

1 Like

Or could have an “FAQ” tag. An “FAQ” tag is probably the better way, as there are probably a lot of existing posts that should get the “FAQ” tag.

1 Like

Good idea too. I’d need to run that by Bryce and crew, because that is a larger change (would require a tag within each Category, since they are not linked).

Hi @IvyAudrain , is there a reason the search on the App doesn’t function the same as on the web?

On the app you can only really search by workout name, but not by specific details (i.e. 6x3min, VO2 etc).

Weirdly it works ok for the “More Sweet Spot” custom workouts.

Also, thanks @mcneese.chad for the FAQ, I always forget how well the search works on the website usually just making do with what the app provides.

3 Likes

it is not easy, today i searched for 6x1:30 intervals, but you have to search with “six 2-minute” instead of “6x2”, there are no Trainings with 01:30 intervals:

The app-based search only searches for terms based on the workout name, while the web-based search includes both the workout names and keywords in their respective descriptions. That’s why “6x3”, for example, shows up as a search result on web but not in the app.
We’d like to address this inconsistency between web and app experiences in the future.

1 Like
  • There are, but they are usually listed as ‘90-second’ in the text.

1 Like

Omg, thx! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like