Extra part when doing 50 hr service on my Lyrik fork

I was doing my 50 hr service on my Lyrik fork, I’ve never done this before (on any fork), and I ended up with an extra part.

I was at the “use a dowel and towel to clean the inside of the lowers” and a spring fell out…it looks exactly like the springs that go on the external seals. I couldn’t see where it was supposed to go…I just ended up cleaning, lubing, and reassembling the fork as planned. Both external seals have their springs…and I have this extra one. Is this supposed to go somewhere or was it an “easter egg” from the factory? Thanks for any comments you may have :slight_smile:
Joe

Isn’t that your SAG o-ring?

No, sag o ring is installed and in place…this thing is a spring. I tried to zoom in with the picture but obviously I didn’t get close enough. I appreciate the idea :slight_smile:

Joe

Don’t know about Rockshox, but the Fox seals have internal garter springs as well as external, could be one of them.

It goes on the inside of the dust wiper seal. It’s a bit hard to see, but it sits in there. Take the dust wiper off, and look at it from the underside.

1 Like

So it’s gotta come apart again…Damn it! But thanks!!

Joe

1 Like