Eurobike 2019 Predictions

When your customers are speculating on the date at which you will announce the date, you know you’ve flopped the launch.

2 Likes

The self-pity party that we’ve all been having over on DCR’s site has been long running. I bet he is tired of new comments on that post.

3 Likes

Here’s hoping that:

• Cyclops releases their rocker plate thingy
  • Wahoo releases a “fixed” 2018 model with +/- 1.0% accuracy
1 Like

September 5th is the date that I’ve been hearing for this, in conjunction with the world cup at Snowshoe. There’s already quite a lot of info out on the corners of the internet. Check MTBR forum if you are curious.

2 Likes

Most launches are done in or around the TdF these days, we will see if that holds true though. In fact I was expecting a new Aeroad this year, but we didn’t see it.

I really hope that there is more to the Supercaliber than what has been speculated on/leaked so far.

It doesn’t really make sense as a bike given the claimed weights.

I’m really curious about the weight of the Supercaliber. There is still about 4 - 5 pounds difference between my Niner Air 9 RDO (hard tail) and RKT 9 RDO (full suspension) similarly spec’d. If the difference between full suspension and hard tail were only a couple of pounds, that would be really compelling to make a switch for longer endurance races.

Top spec is 21.8lbs, which is roughly the same as the Epic. Spark is lighter.

Frame weight is quoted as 1933g, which is only a little bit below the Mondraker F-Podium (~1975g) which has dual links.

There better be something fancy about the Supercaliber otherwise that thing is probably dead on arrival.

Truth. I was super excited about it when the leaks first came out, but my excitement has been tempered dramatically. I really want this thing to be legit.

:rofl::joy:

1 Like

Given the recent Wahoo Update to support Varia Radiar I wouldn’t be surprised if they announced an offering of their own.

Also, I noticed today’s GarminConnect app update included ‘update to include support for new devices’. Perhaps a F6 is coming sooner than expected.

1 Like

Somewhere down the line I’m hoping for a Wahoo fitnesswatch. I’m not a runner but consider buying a forerunner x45 just for all the data (no, I’m not going to pay 30$ a month for a whoop). Would be nice to see something in that realm from Wahoo, but I’m not holding my breath for that.

2 Likes

They worked on a watch called the Wahoo Rival, but it was shelved before it was released to the public

1 Like

Just got an update to the Tacx app…

1 Like

So are they finally announcing a shipping date?

Haha that update will build consumer confidence for the product: “Improved Error logging”

7 Likes

duh…i totally forgot…ROCKER PLATES will be a dropping—erm, a rockin’. finally.

Saris just dropped theirs.

1 Like

Saw this on Instagram. First uncovered shot I’ve seen.

2 Likes

And this video now on Youtube of the Supercaliber:

it looks very nice! but, what would be the benefit over a mora traditional 100mm travel frame? weigth? dont think so…