ERG mode self selecting

Hey dudes. Still finding my feet on TR. When I’m on my home trainer Tax Neo 2 the trainer auto defaults to ERG mode which is cool but I wondered if there’s a way to select ‘free ride’ non ERG mode. Cheers groovers :call_me_hand:

Open the “Devices” section in the TR app, then open your trainer, and set the desired trainer mode there. That should set it as the default for all new workouts.

2 Likes

OR, if using desktop, you can use the ‘T’ key as a shortcut to switch trainer modes!

1 Like

What!?! This would be fantastic. I hate having to change from erg to resistance every time I’ve restarted the app! (elite Direto makes it damn near impossible to get going :man_facepalming:)

2 Likes

Bonus tip:

For those using Resistance or Standard mode, you can also set the value of that mode for each workout start as well. This setting can vary from trainer to trainer, and for each rider combo with that, but for Resistance a range of 20-40% is a decent starting point. For Standard 2-4 seems good.

In any event, learn what you like and set that along with the mode setting.

3 Likes

PRO TIPS!!! :star2:

3 Likes

Awesomeness help. Cheers dudes :+1::+1::+1:

2 Likes

Oh nuts, this isn’t what I thought it was. I’d like for there to be an ability to prevent the trainer going back to the ERG default when the app is fully closed.

I always turn it to Resistance and it remembers as long as I don’t update, or reset the app (sometimes to help with syncing). It always reverts back to ERG after a forced restart of the app though and I’d love for there to be an ability to make resistance the actual default for always.

3 Likes

Agreed. This should be a persistent preference associated with a given trainer in your device listings.

3 Likes